Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Terraria

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 16, 2011

The first major 2D entry into the world of "open world" sandbox action-adventure games, Terraria is inspired by 16-bit platformers and allows players to mine for ores, craft new equipment, and fight monstrous bosses in a large procedurally-generated world.

Is Terraria on PC different?

deadshot_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By deadshot_52

A bunch of friends want me to get Terraria on PC, but I didn't really like it on console.

Are there any significant differences that change gameplay, or is it just like the console version?

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I don't know how updates were handled on console, so there's a possibility that there is just more content on the PC

Also it controls way better. Terraria didn't really map well to a controller, imo

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If all you did was dig and build a base. You weren't playing terraria properly. This is what I did at first and I was meh to it. Play with someone who knows what to do, it's a ton of fun.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've been playing it on ps4 since it came out and from what I heard it's very similar to the pc version, they add the same content during holidays and the like and I'm pretty sure there was a big update not too long enough. That said I do remember them advertising the game as having mobs and npc's that were exclusive to console.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It controls better but the gameplay is the same. If it the game play was your issue you won't find anything better on the PC. But like @konig_kei said if all you did was dig and build you're playing it wrong.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Sorry to hijack this thread but... how are you supposed to play Terraria? I tried it some time ago and I had no clue what I was supposed to do other than dig and build.

Kodo_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside the kb+mouse controls, the PC version gets updated before everything else. The newest update (1.3) comes out in a few hours and adds a lot of new stuff, basically like a free expansion.

@kazona said:

Sorry to hijack this thread but... how are you supposed to play Terraria? I tried it some time ago and I had no clue what I was supposed to do other than dig and build.

There's a progression of bosses to beat, though it's not really upfront about it (or at least was, I think the Guide NPC gives tips on what to do now). If you explore the underground for a while and clear out enough treasure chests, you'll find the first boss summoning item. There's more thorough information here on what to do.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played the console version, but I can't imagine playing Terraria without a mouse. I used Joy2Key to map a controller d-pad to WASD so I can use the mouse and a controller.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.