Test Drive 4 contained 14 playable cars, a few of which were unlocked with various cheat codes.
- 1998 Dodge Viper
- 1998 Jaguar XJ-220
- 1998 Chevrolet Corvette
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL-1 COPO 9560
- 1998 TVR Cerbera
- 1995 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo Special
- 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle 454 SS LS-6
- 1971 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda
- 1969 Chevrolet Corvette ZL-1
- Shelby Cobra 427
- 1998 Viper GTSR
- TVR 12/7
- 1969 Dodge Daytona
- Pitbull Special (Secret Car)
There are five tracks in the game total.
- Keswick, England - first track available in the game that features various roads that do not leave a lot of room for passing other cars.
- San Francisco, USA - very long track that starts off with players racing on the free way, through part of the city, and finally up and down the hills of San Francisco.
- Berlin, Switzerland - the track takes racers through the Swiss mountainside with snow and many twists and turns, also features various tunnels to race through.
- Kyoto, Japan - another track with very narrow roads, players race through scenic Japan before finally getting into the city itself.
- Washington D.C., USA - the final track in the game, it features a fair amount of long straightaways to reach top speed.
There were several different types of race modes in Test Drive 4. These races would also include various amounts of traffic on the road, as well as cops which would pull you over and stop you for a brief time if you were caught going too fast.
- Duel - two racers take turns on the track one at a time to see who can get the lower overall time.
- Link Game - this was available for Playstation users who had two available systems and the link cable to play against each other.
- Drag Race - one of the first Playstation racing games to feature the drag race. Two racers would take on each other for a quarter mile. It was required that you use the manual shift option for this mode.
- Pitbull Cup
- Masters Cup
- Championship Cup