Ok, this game launched in US on 8th and UK on 11th, I bought it from Steam, downloaded on the 8th and started playing on the 9th and have already noticed quite a few issues but I can't be sure how many are local to my set-up or universal.
These issues have been fixed or have ways to work around them:
- I'm finding that the game only plays in Windowed mode, even with my resolution set to 1920x1080, I can see the top of the window at the top of my screen- Fixed thanks SaltyPancakes
- Selecting my XBox 360 for Windows controller was too complicated, I spent ages tooking through menus before I found the detect controllers option- Got this working for a while and then it stopped again
- On the 11th (UK release date!) the servers were down, and there was nothing on it on the login screen's news section. WTF! On launch day, seriously? The login page was showing Servers available then after logging on it would say servers unavailable - The server is down so that Eden can address issues and more details for this are on the TDU2 official website
- My newphew is sat next to me playing TDU2 on his PC at the same time as me, we are both at the same location outside the caravan on the first island, 1 of us to the left of the gate looking to the right the other to the right of the gate looking left, I can see he is in the right place by looking at his screen but I can't see him on my screen, he is in my friend list but is not showing as logged on, I am in his and also not logged on so I can't find him or invite him - Fixing server issues should fix this too
- When I flash my lights or turn my lights on when driving at night I can see a ghost image of trees, a church and a car, I have taken 2 photographs one of a landscape with a church and the other of a car, if you happen to be near an event when you see another driver you want to challenge flashing your lights starts the event instead of flashing the other player, surely they could have spotted that as a potential issue - Fixed when I fixed the Windowed mode issue
- I got a pre-order code to get the Zonda tri-color car option but can't see where to type it in - This is fixed now, I found the place to register my Zonda on the TDU2 pages
Still on my list:
- The menu systems are inconsistent, using my XBox 360 for Windows controller some menus use the left and right shoulder buttons to move between the tabs while others use the left right on the d-pad
- Collision detection is inconsistent, playing in 1 player mode I can follow a CPU controlled car using the same line and while that car is not affected by objects on the road such as bollards if I hit them I am
- I sometimes seem to hit objects that passed by to the side, I use the view where I look over the hood/bonnet of the car, and even though it would appear I have passed certain objects something on the car seems to catch the object somewhere and I just stop dead and have to reverse before it will release me
If anyone knows of other bugs, annoying 'unplanned features' or solutions to issues post them here. It might be easier than starting multiple threads.