Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tetris Effect

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 09, 2018

Tetris as imagined by Tetsuya Mizuguchi, creator of REZ and Lumines.

Tetris Effect coming to PC on EGS

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

July 23rd - that's next week!

Now you can play Giant Bombs 2018 GOTY on your PC, in 4k and on a Rift or Vive headset if you have one.

I'll probably end up buying this again to play through it on PC. It's an incredible game that honestly made me have a moment of absolute transcendence while playing it.

yabbering_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh hey, thanks, I didn't know this. I've definitely been hanging out to play this on my Vive. I guess it's about time for me to check out the Epic Games Store anyway.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still boycotting EGS, i'll be there on day 365.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm excited to dig out my Rift for this.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silly question - but this is only available in VR I guess?

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nah it shouldn't be. The original game was completely playable outside of VR.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jesus_Phish
    heavyweather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't care less about the EGS drama (if anything, them jumping into the PC game storefront scene is a good thing in terms of encouraging customer-benefitting competition from Valve and the other players). Already purchased, along with a Samsung Odyssey+ HMD from fleabay for a cool $225. Been waiting a long time for this one to hit (honestly I thought it was coming Sept 9 for some reason -- ran the numbers on Rez Infinite PS4 -> PC and that's what I came up with).

My body is ready.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neocalypso said:

@omgfather said:

Nah it shouldn't be. The original game was completely playable outside of VR.

@omgfather: It's playable outside of VR too.

Excellent, thank you both. I will pick this up.

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already purchased, along with a Samsung Odyssey+ HMD from fleabay for a cool $225.

I don't keep up much with VR hardware news, I thought we are mostly still stuck with Valve/Vive vs Occulus, didn't even have Samsung on the radar, and most certainly not "windows mixed reality" headsets.

I looked up the Odyssey+ and apparently, that's a $300 VR headset with 3k resolution, OLED display and 90hz, even comes with controllers. So pretty much a Vive Pro for like less than half the price? Looks like quite a nice package! What am I missing here that the Odyssey+ is so much cheaper? Economies of scale finally kicking in for VR hardware?

heavyweather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nethlem: must be! It’s Samsung so they already make a great deal of phone screens which is effectively what’s in these headsets.

So far I’m really enjoying mine. Even got Polybius running last night though that’s supposedly Oculus only right now. I think the only trade-off is mixed compatibility with software since WMR is still sort of an also-ran in the space. Also apparently the tracking volume and sensitivity isn’t quite up to par with the Oculus and Vive hardware, but I haven’t really noticed. The Oculus touch controllers also have basic finger tracking, so there’s that. If it was between a Rift S and a O+ for $400/$300 I would probably go Rift. But used in good condition on eBay for $200 and change? The O+ is a no brainer.

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like the big flaw with the package is simply the included controllers inability to track behind the back movement.

But apparently, the Vive controllers+Lighthouses can be used with the Odyssey+, get Vive like tracking at room-scale?
    That's also a really neat combination because you can basically buy a VR setup piece-meal up to Vive Pro quality at room-scale.

Rift S sounds like it would have way worse picture quality, LCD vs AMOLED, lower resolution and refresh rate compared to the Odyssey+, which seems to be identical in screen hardware to the Vive Pro. Unless I'm missing something about the Rift S except price?

Too bad Samsung doesn't sell the Odyssey+ officially in Europe. Amazon.com delivers to me, but that would make it around 340€ for the Odyssey+ and not even a proper warranty along with it :/

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Oh, cool! I'm enjoying how EGS is bringing in some games I thought the PC would never see.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.