Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tetris Party

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 20, 2008

Another release in the never ending stream of Tetris iterations, Tetris Party features ten modes of play, online play and leaderboards, and surprisingly, balance board support.

Any one get this?

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emilio

Its pretty fun. I havn't played all the modes but I was just getting my ass kicked online.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I want to, but I don't have my Wii with me.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Heh, looks kinda amusing. I'm a big fan of Tetris, but I'm not buying a Wii Balance Board for this. In fact, even though I think the Wii Balance Board is a pretty impressive gaming peripheral, I'm not quite sure if any game could convince me to buy it. I don't know... maybe Punch-Out or a Zelda game could do the trick...

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

Balance board controls? Really... blimey! How do they work? You can still play with classic controller though right?

How is it? What modes? Online play? etc.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Emilio
    get2sammyb said:
    "Balance board controls? Really... blimey! How do they work? You can still play with classic controller though right?

How is it? What modes? Online play? etc."
    Uhh, let me check...

In Single Player there is Marathon, Computer Battle, Field Climber, Shadow, and Stage Racer.
    In Multi-player there is VS Battle, VS Field Climber, VS Hot Lines, VS Shadow, VS Stage Racer, Co-Op Tetris, and Duel Spaces.
    There is also Beginner's Tetris which uses a smaller play field with larger and less complex blocks.
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, which is basically the online mode, has World Battle, Friend Battle, and Tournament. World Battle actually lets you choose what region you'd like to play in, so stuff like Americas, Japan, Asia, Oceania, Africa, and Europe.

There's also rankings, region specific leader boards, world learder boards, and some other stuff.

I think the Balance Board is used for Beginner's Tetris. You lean left and right to move pieces and do a squat or something to hard drop.

So besides that, you can use the Wiimote and the Classic controller.
    Fantastical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Fantastical

The main way to control the game is through the Wii Remote, and the balance board is just an extra mode.

Knives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Knives

9/10 IGN.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac

This game is amazingly complete. I would recommend it to everyone as the best Tetris package on a console nowadays.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By artofwar420

I'm gonna get it. The 25 years anniversary has piqued my interest in tetris. AND this looks like a good version of tetris.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.