Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Age of Decadence

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Oct 14, 2015

The Age of Decadence is an isometric, turn-based, single-player 3D role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world, inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire. The game features a detailed skill-based character system, non-linear gameplay, multiple skill-based ways to handle quests, choices & consequences, and extensive dialogue trees.

Age of Decadence is Finally Released, Anyone Playing This?

LtTibbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LtTibbles

I remember hearing about this game from Double Bear Productions (the guys behind Dead State) when they announced that they would use AoD's engine for their game. I checked out their demo a while ago and really liked what I saw, the character building was really enjoyable and I enjoyed the dialog system. I was just wondering if the games quality held up in the final product.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I've been playing it and while I could see a very specific audience loving it, honestly I don't think it's really my jam. For as much as the game touts its own flexibility in regards to quest solutions, you're kinda railroaded by the kind of character you create into one type of solution for everything with its love of pass/fail skill checks. It's the kind of game that discourages spreading your skill points too thin, so if you aren't min-maxing in a specific direction you aren't going to get very far.

That's not to say I'm not going to play it to completion, but I feel like it focuses on the things I like less about these sorts of RPGs and more on the things I'm glad more modern stuff has gotten rid of.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really want to but I played the demo a long time ago and I just kept dying any time I got into combat. Did they make it any easier?

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I'm really intrigued by this. The way the first few hours shape up includes some very impressive writing and quite a lot of detailed scene-setting backstory. I haven't actually got into combat yet but the game has already warned me three or four times that it is NOT a combat-focused RPG and to plan accordingly.

I still might end up disliking the game but there's something about the scale of its apparent ambition that makes me want to give it a chance.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I played the demo, but found the complete impossibility of combat if you haven't skilled for it, to be really unsatisfying. It's cool if you can talk your way through a whole game, but that doesn't make it fun. (Same problem with undertale) I want to dabble in different things!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.