Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Amazing Spider-Man

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Jun 26, 2012

Announced at NYCC 2011, The Amazing Spider-Man game is an original story told after the 2012 movie. The console versions are developed by Beenox, the company that created Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time while the DS version was developed by Other Ocean Studios.

Will Bruce Campbell be in it?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

UPDATE - Ok so I'm pretty sure I heard his voice, I think he is the guy in the blimp who follows you around with a camera while you act all cool and shit.

Bruce Campbell was one of the coolest additions to the Spider-Man movie tie in games, he was such witty and funny in almost every apperance. The tutorial section in Spider-Man 2 is especially funny, I also recall a part where at a part in Spider-Man one he says he is going to make a sandwich, then the next time he talks he is eating one!

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SeanFoster

No Sam Raimi, no Bruce Campbell. I imagine they'll distance themselves from the original trilogy as much as possible to somehow justify rebooting the Spider-Man franchise only 10 years after the first movie.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By N7

Sam Raimi isn't doing this movie, so I doubt it.

gtg12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gtg12

This stinks. I like that guy a lot in those games.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@SeanFoster said:

No Sam Raimi, no Bruce Campbell. I imagine they'll distance themselves from the original trilogy as much as possible to somehow justify rebooting the Spider-Man franchise only 10 years after the first movie.

I actually do think it's justified. I still can't figure out why everybody liked the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man movies so much. I love Sam Raimi, but the acting was so hammy, even for a comic book movie. Everything was just so goofy when it didn't need to be.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Toxin066

On the Gamespot liveshow, they said Campbell will be in it, with a role similar his in Spiderman 2.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#7  Edited By Danteveli

Bruce will be in this one as some kind of reporter/announcer

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By poisonmonkey

@Hizang: Bruce Campbell is in the game, I watched an interview on Gamespots live stage with one of the lead guys and he confirmed it.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SeanFoster

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@SeanFoster said:

I actually do think it's justified. I still can't figure out why everybody liked the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man movies so much. I love Sam Raimi, but the acting was so hammy, even for a comic book movie. Everything was just so goofy when it didn't need to be.

They're not the best Spider-Man movies, I definitely prefer the casting in the new film, but I don't need to see his origin again. The first film made a billion dollars, we get it, he's bit by a radioactive spider and his Uncle dies. They should've just done another Spider-Man adventure and been a bit vague about any connection to the previous films a bit like the 2008 Hulk film is to the 2003 Ang Lee film.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't think he is going to be in it like others said no Raimi no Cambell. On a side note i liked the Spiderman 1 n 2 the third one was fucked in the ass badly lol

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By DarkShaper

Man, the tie in games for Spider Man 1 and 2 where better than the movies. I really need to dig those up again.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Meltac

He is going to have a minor role in it, but that is not the best part about this game.. you can play as fucking STAN LEE.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@SeanFoster said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@SeanFoster said:

They're not the best Spider-Man movies, I definitely prefer the casting in the new film, but I don't need to see his origin again. The first film made a billion dollars, we get it, he's bit by a radioactive spider and his Uncle dies. They should've just done another Spider-Man adventure and been a bit vague about any connection to the previous films a bit like the 2008 Hulk film is to the 2003 Ang Lee film.

Yeah, definitely. I can understand that. I thought The Incredible Hulk handled it perfectly.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hizang

@SeanFoster: His origin looks different this time though, from the trailers it looks like Dr Conners made it happen.

Welding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Welding
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hizang

Ok so I'm pretty sure I heard his voice, I think he is the guy in the blimp who follows you around with a camera while you act all cool and shit.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ch3burashka

On a related note, Burn Notice is back!

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hizang

@CH3BURASHKA: Count me the hell in!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.