Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Banner Saga

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jan 14, 2014

The Sun has stopped in the middle of the sky, the Gods have died and human settlements are being invaded by the Dredge, a race of stone beings. There can be no doubt about it, the world is coming to an end. In this turn-based tactics game, borrowing elements from Norse myth, your clan's continued survival is the only thing that truly matters. Will its banner be stomped into the the ground or fly high and bring back hope to those who have lost it in this desolate cold world?

It's here anyone playing?

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I booted up Steam last night and to my surprise, The Banner Saga: Factions was there looking back at me. Was anyone aware that this game was done? I remembered to crazy kickstarter campaign last year (700% funded?) but I had no idea it was done.

Anyone playing it yet? It seems cool, and the art looks fantastic

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Well, it's not done. It's a beta, and just for the multiplayer.

But yeah, I've played for 90 minutes and have gone 4-0 so far. A lot of interesting mechanics. I would be interested in spectating a match between the top players, see what the high level meta looks like. So far all I know is let them come to you, use archers to whittle down shieldbangers, try to cripple warriors early, and leave their low strength units alive.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brodehouse: Ah good to know thanks. I only got through the tutorial so I didn't see very much but it seems to have potential

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

It's just the F2P multiplayer thing right? I have no interest in that. I backed it for the single player turn based RPG that they promised. Kind of annoyed that they are crapping this thing out instead. I just hope they get the real game out sooner rather then later. Between the posters all arriving beaten and ripped to shit to the point that I had to throw it out and they just said sucks to be you and refused to do anything about their fuck up and them constantly delaying the game itself, it's left a very bade taste in my mouth for one of my first kickstarter backed games. Hopefully the game when they do finally release it will be everything I had hoped.

lfbprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there is going to be a Single Player component, they're just releasing this to whet people's appetites until that comes out. For what it's worth, it's pretty fun, and gives a good idea of what the battle mechanics are going to be like.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mellotronrules

man- i remember being really intrigued by the hand-drawn art and setting from the kickstarter. somehow i missed that this is going to be a turn-based strategy game- and i'm thrilled! i just jumped in and completed the tutorial, so i haven't really gone deep yet. but maaan- what a beautiful looking game. i'm really looking forward to this game's full release now...it just might be my most anticipated title!

i'm gonna call out @patrickklepek for a quick look as well- since you've been on a turn-based strat. kick lately, might be worth checking out!

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting for the single player campaign =)

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By AssInAss

I went through the tutorial, seems intense since I'm new to these kind of games. It's a bit scary doing MP first, maybe I should hook a friend first to practice with.

My first battle disconnected.

Who wants to fight me? MEET ME SOMEWHERE

Steam: digi_matrix

ShadowMarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By ShadowMarth

Game is fun as hell right now. Played a ridiculous amount of games. They just updated and added rank 2 to several of the units, but it's PRETTY EXPENSIVE renown-wise.

@crusader8463: Pretty silly to be disdainful of them releasing the multiplayer component free and early, largely with the intent of balancing the gameplay.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pezen

<p>Upgraded most of my camp to rank 1 recently and went from a long winning streak to a long losing streak. Really having fun with it though.</p>

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By HH

looks good, anyone know is this coming to xbox live or is it just pc?

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Downloading it right now!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.