Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Beatles: Rock Band

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Sep 09, 2009

Following the Rock Band formula, The Beatles: Rock Band immerses players into the shoes of the Fab Four as they progress through their career, featuring an exclusively Beatles theme and song list.

Dateline: 09.09.09

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By DBoy

2009 seems like it'll be another big year for video games. Highly anticipated sequels and new franchises are about to make their way onto store shelves everywhere. Every gamer on this planet will be rummaging through their wallets, trying to find some money to pay for all of these goodies.

There are a couple of games I am looking forward to in 2009. I can't possibly overlook Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Shadow Complex, DJ Hero and NHL 10. However, my most anticipated game of the year has to be, undoubtedly, The Beatles: Rock Band. While some of you out there might find this choice dubious, let me assure you that none of the other titles announced this year, not even NHL 10, have me more excited than the Fab Four's foray into music game territory. So much so that I've already pre-ordered my copy on Amazon, along with the Fender Strattocaster wireless guitar.

Now, while I cannot say that I'm a die-hard Beatlemaniac, I do love The Beatles' music. Even though the band had broken up a year before I was born (in 1970), I still grew up listening to their music. In fact, the very first cassette I ever got was The Beatles: 1962-1966 (the Red Album). I was crushed when the tape got stuck in the tape deck and broke. Thankfully, my parents got me another copy right away, along with The Beatles: 1967-1970 (the Blue Album). Although I stopped listening to those tapes, I still enjoyed hearing their music on the radio once in a while. Recently, after the announcement of the game, I started downloading and listening to them once again and am enjoying it even more now. It is just remarkable to see how they evolve from album to album, from a pop-oriented boy band on Please Please Me, to rock and roll icons on Rubber Soul right on up to psychedelic masterminds on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Although their sound is very distinctive, the evolution the band went through during their very short 8-year career is staggering. On a personal note, Rubber Soul and Sgt. Pepper are my favorites amongst their albums.

After seeing the set list for the game, I got really excited. It seems Harmonix, along with the help of Sir Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono, Olivia Harrison and Dhani Harrison, made terrific selections for the initial 40-song game. I say "initial" here because, not long after the game ships, Abbey Road will be made available for download through Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network, and will be followed by my two favorite albums, Rubber Soul and Sgt. Pepper. Aside from the phenomenal set list, the game looks absolutely gorgeous, as you can see for yourself from these videos on the game's official webpage.

Frankly, September 9, 2009 can't come soon enough. Here's a video from my favorite Beatles song, Helter Skelter , which will be in the game.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DBoy

2009 seems like it'll be another big year for video games. Highly anticipated sequels and new franchises are about to make their way onto store shelves everywhere. Every gamer on this planet will be rummaging through their wallets, trying to find some money to pay for all of these goodies.

There are a couple of games I am looking forward to in 2009. I can't possibly overlook Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Shadow Complex, DJ Hero and NHL 10. However, my most anticipated game of the year has to be, undoubtedly, The Beatles: Rock Band. While some of you out there might find this choice dubious, let me assure you that none of the other titles announced this year, not even NHL 10, have me more excited than the Fab Four's foray into music game territory. So much so that I've already pre-ordered my copy on Amazon, along with the Fender Strattocaster wireless guitar.

Now, while I cannot say that I'm a die-hard Beatlemaniac, I do love The Beatles' music. Even though the band had broken up a year before I was born (in 1970), I still grew up listening to their music. In fact, the very first cassette I ever got was The Beatles: 1962-1966 (the Red Album). I was crushed when the tape got stuck in the tape deck and broke. Thankfully, my parents got me another copy right away, along with The Beatles: 1967-1970 (the Blue Album). Although I stopped listening to those tapes, I still enjoyed hearing their music on the radio once in a while. Recently, after the announcement of the game, I started downloading and listening to them once again and am enjoying it even more now. It is just remarkable to see how they evolve from album to album, from a pop-oriented boy band on Please Please Me, to rock and roll icons on Rubber Soul right on up to psychedelic masterminds on Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Although their sound is very distinctive, the evolution the band went through during their very short 8-year career is staggering. On a personal note, Rubber Soul and Sgt. Pepper are my favorites amongst their albums.

After seeing the set list for the game, I got really excited. It seems Harmonix, along with the help of Sir Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono, Olivia Harrison and Dhani Harrison, made terrific selections for the initial 40-song game. I say "initial" here because, not long after the game ships, Abbey Road will be made available for download through Xbox Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network, and will be followed by my two favorite albums, Rubber Soul and Sgt. Pepper. Aside from the phenomenal set list, the game looks absolutely gorgeous, as you can see for yourself from these videos on the game's official webpage.

Frankly, September 9, 2009 can't come soon enough. Here's a video from my favorite Beatles song, Helter Skelter , which will be in the game.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

For reasons unbeknownst even to myself, I can't seem to be able to get into the Beatles. Preferences aside, it looks like Harmonix have NAILED the "Full Band Game" formula, and I for one am jealous. I'm jealous that my favorite band, Metallica, got a Guitar Hero game. Why? Well, GH: Metallica was great for what it was: a game dedicated to them with some pretty awesome fan service thrown in. However, the lack of DLC and initial number of songs (the game has 47 or so songs, good but past GH games have packed a lot more) and the weird, akward online interface hurt it in the end. I just wish Harmonix had gotten the rights to make them the game I feel they deserved.

The gameplay vids and such for TBRB look great, and I look forward to the Green Day and Pearl Jam projects Harmonix has in the pipeline, because they seem to be the ones who really understand what people want in a music game these days.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3  Edited By JamesF

It's hard to say, but I think Across The Universe is my favorite.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DBoy
    @Everyones_A_Critic: I agree with you.  I also bought GH: Metallica and was thoroughly disappointed with it.  I wish they had gotten the RB treatment instead.
    gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By gearhead

You'll all wrong. I Am the Walrus is fucking amazing, and the best Beatles song.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DBoy
    @Gearhead: I enjoy I Am The Walrus too, but in my opinion, Helter Skelter is much better.
    ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ElectricHaggis

Here comes the sun has to be my favourite.

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By darro

While I ain't really a Beatles fan per se, some of the songs I have heard of theirs I have liked but its not really worth me getting this game unless you know the songs well, which I unfortunately do not but maybe down the line when its cheap or if I actually get most of their albums and listen to the stuff, I will probably get it.

I know a lot of people are looking forward to this but I am most looking forward to another game, which deals with music and its comes out in Rocktober.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

Well I love most of the tracks that have been listed, so I'm happy.  Cannot wait also, it's going to be awesome. I'm having a little get together on launch night, a few old friends and fellow fans that I used to visit Abbey Road studios with when I was a kid.

I am getting the 360 version. The Wii version is going to be the most popular though. There's no doubt in my mind that the Wii game will be the best selling game this year, beating even CoDMW2.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By Druminator

Personally I'm still waiting for Led Zeppelin Rock Band which will more than likely never happen...

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DBoy
    @Linkyshinks: You visited Abbey Road Studios?  Damn, I'd love to do that myself.  As you said, I think this game will outsell anything on the market this year.

@Druminator: I guess we can keep on dreaming for a while....
    Avatar image for lightwarrior179
    lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By lightwarrior179

I really admire Beatles,their music,their influence everything. 
    While I am glad to hear that additional DLCs are coming after the release of the game, I am still disappointed by the fact that, "Revolver", my favorite album of theirs continues to be largely ignored. I think they should release it's DLC as well since it was as influential as Rubber Soul or Sgt.Pepper's were. 

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By TheHBK

Did everyone forget the 10 year dreamcast anniversary?  Giant Bomb is gonna have some spectacular partying going on.
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By A Likely Story
    @lightwarrior179: It does have three songs on disc, which I think is a sufficient amount. Besides, Revolver is loved and favored by A LOT of Beatles fans, so I would be genuinely surprised if Harmonix does not release Revolver as DLC.

My biggest beef with the setlist is the lack of songs from Help! :(
    DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DBoy
    @Hobbies: Help! is rumored to be the 45th song on the original game, along with Hey Jude, Yesterday and Flying, so there's still hope.

@lightwarrior179: Revolver is a great album, I agree.  I'm sure it'll get the DLC treatment as well.

@TheHBK: What the hell does that have to do with The Beatles?
    A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By A Likely Story
    @DBoy: I know, but I doubt that Help! will be the final song. It's widely accepted that the unrevealed song will be the last of the game's career mode, and Help! doesn't seem like a great ending tune. It's a great song, but not something worthy to be saved for all this hype, if you ask me.

I'm just disappointed that only a single track from that album is on the disc, so I'm crossing my fingers for that as DLC. Matter of fact, that's my most wanted DLC album.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By clubsandwich

I hope Hey Jude! is in the game or I'll cry. :(

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DBoy
    @Hobbies: Here's my favorite song from Revolver: Tomorrow Never Knows.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By A Likely Story
    @DBoy: Heh, that's probably my favorite off of Revolver too. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.