Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Beatles: Rock Band

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Sep 09, 2009

Following the Rock Band formula, The Beatles: Rock Band immerses players into the shoes of the Fab Four as they progress through their career, featuring an exclusively Beatles theme and song list.

First impressions?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

I just got this this afternoon, and played a few songs. It seems soild, but its really is just Rock band with a bunch of beatles songs. It has its own style and the story mode progresses in a nice way but it feels just like Rock band 2.  

What do you guys think so far?
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Just finished it. Loved it. The dreamscapes were pretty cool, I like hearing the studio chatter, some of those songs are a blast to sing. Probably going to go back and play on expert.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

I love the few songs I have played with it so far. The presentation is top-notch and the songs are great to sing. I only played "While My Guitar", "Dear Prudence" and "Eight Days a Week" so far because I didn't have much time to play today but it is a lot of fun. I am planning on playing the campaign over the weekend and getting the Day Tripper achievement without killing my school work time.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Why would this not feel like Rock Band 2? 

The title of the game is "The Beatles: Rock Band" 
    So it's The Beatles in Rock Band...why do some people seem really surprised it's a Rock Band game? 
    Especially reviews that say it should have has this from GH5 or that from RB2. 
    It's RB plus Beatles, everything else is did you have fun? Is it designed well? 

End mini-rant.

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By suikoden352

i played it today all the way through on hard difficulty and only had 4 songs that were left at four stars because i had a bit of a hard time(no pun intended there) with them  but i'll definitelly go back and try to get all 5 stars because even though it sounds weird but getting those pics and unlocking the bonus stuff with them actually drived me to go for 5 star instead of skipping to the next song list that had come up. i loved it though.  

through and through, the beatles: rock band is a very very awesome game and possibly even a game of the year contender. my only complaint is that.....i want more! lol but with dlc though, that solves that problem. i totally agree with the review score and give this a 5 out of 5 and definitely in my top 5 games of this year. this game not only renewed my love for the beatles but in rock band as well.
    snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By snide

The lack of Billy Preston kinda bummed me out, but loved the game. Got my day tripper achievement pretty much in one sitting.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By A Likely Story

The game is exactly what I had hoped for. Played the game strait through on guitar/bass+vocals right when I got home from school and got that Day Tripper achievement. Going to go back and play it on drums to get all the photos and take a little bit more time going through all the little details next.

The 45 song setlist has kind of already bothered me, though. I thought 45 would be fine at first, but now that I actually have the game I kind of feel a little cheated, but, thankfully, there's downloads on the way. I also noticed that there's not really enough variation in which people show up in the background...I swear I only counted like two character models total of screaming girls (I'm talking the closeup views here), but it's still A LOT better looking than the normal Rock Band audiences.

Great game, still. Can't wait for Saturday when my friends and I rock out all day to The Beatles.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By skrutop
    @Mikemcn said:
    " I just got this this afternoon, and played a few songs. It seems soild, but its really is just Rock band with a bunch of beatles songs. It has its own style and the story mode progresses in a nice way but it feels just like Rock band 2.   What do you guys think so far? "
    Yeah, I really like it, but I'm not as blown away as I expected to be when I saw the first trailer.  I'm getting a bit burned out on Rock Band, and while I love the Beatles, I wish they'd released this about a year ago.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By mikemcn

I need to finish it, i played I am the Walrus in quick play, and decided that it is the best Beatles song. Also the dreamscape for it was cool.  

I also love all the behind the scenes beatles stuff.
    DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By DeadPan

I like it. It's not the most amazing game ever, its a reskinned rock band 2, but its made with such love and attention to detail that makes it stad out. Nice stuff

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.