Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Beatles: Rock Band

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Sep 09, 2009

Following the Rock Band formula, The Beatles: Rock Band immerses players into the shoes of the Fab Four as they progress through their career, featuring an exclusively Beatles theme and song list.

Online annoyances.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Edited By GunstarRed

I never thought  I would have come across the kind of behaviour I have in a game like Beatles Rock band but today after deciding I had neglected what is an awesome game for far too long I was met with more dickish behaviour than I would have Liked to or thought possible from such a family friendly game. 
    Today I played the game for about three hours and in that time I have been kicked numerous times for playing instruments on medium, been called a "fucking retard" because I haven't bought any DLC and repeatedly told that I'm picking the wrong songs when it's my turn to pick (If I play she's so heavy one more time I may explode!) 

To be honest I think Harmonix did a really, really lazy job with the online as there doesn't seem to be any way  to get matched with people that wish to play the game casually on medium or easy meaning that you get lumped with a lot of people with elitist attitudes that kick you if youre not going to play it on hard or expert. 
    It also doesn't help that it doesn't let you set up your own game to make sure that you are the host to prevent yourself from getting kicked all the time... it is seemingly random who gets to be the host from what I have noticed. 

I just dont get it, I want to have fun with the game but my skills do not extend to anything other than medium on the guitar and bass (I can do them on hard but it seems like I struggle so much that it loses a lot of it's fun) and easy on the drums and that is not good enough for nearly everyone else  because as soon as I have played one song on medium all of the expert players leave or I get kicked...what happened to just having fun playing videogames?... especially a game like Rock Band.... FUCKING BEATLES ROCK BAND.. a game that should unite all ages and levels of play. It's actually pretty disgusting the more I think about it and I wish it hadn't left such a bad taste in my mouth. 

also... in three hours It took so long to get a full band of four that I eventually just switched to the singing...which I can do on a mixture of expert and hard, But thats not really the point. I just wanted to play some awesome songs and relax but instead realized that no matter what game you play  online there is always someone that wants to suck all the fun out of it... 

*sigh* 

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By GunstarRed

I never thought  I would have come across the kind of behaviour I have in a game like Beatles Rock band but today after deciding I had neglected what is an awesome game for far too long I was met with more dickish behaviour than I would have Liked to or thought possible from such a family friendly game. 
    Today I played the game for about three hours and in that time I have been kicked numerous times for playing instruments on medium, been called a "fucking retard" because I haven't bought any DLC and repeatedly told that I'm picking the wrong songs when it's my turn to pick (If I play she's so heavy one more time I may explode!) 

To be honest I think Harmonix did a really, really lazy job with the online as there doesn't seem to be any way  to get matched with people that wish to play the game casually on medium or easy meaning that you get lumped with a lot of people with elitist attitudes that kick you if youre not going to play it on hard or expert. 
    It also doesn't help that it doesn't let you set up your own game to make sure that you are the host to prevent yourself from getting kicked all the time... it is seemingly random who gets to be the host from what I have noticed. 

I just dont get it, I want to have fun with the game but my skills do not extend to anything other than medium on the guitar and bass (I can do them on hard but it seems like I struggle so much that it loses a lot of it's fun) and easy on the drums and that is not good enough for nearly everyone else  because as soon as I have played one song on medium all of the expert players leave or I get kicked...what happened to just having fun playing videogames?... especially a game like Rock Band.... FUCKING BEATLES ROCK BAND.. a game that should unite all ages and levels of play. It's actually pretty disgusting the more I think about it and I wish it hadn't left such a bad taste in my mouth. 

also... in three hours It took so long to get a full band of four that I eventually just switched to the singing...which I can do on a mixture of expert and hard, But thats not really the point. I just wanted to play some awesome songs and relax but instead realized that no matter what game you play  online there is always someone that wants to suck all the fun out of it... 

*sigh* 

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ieatlions

how would you of made the games systems better?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GunstarRed
    @ieatlions:

given me an option to create my own quickplay game so that I am not at the mercy of all other players... or like in guitar hero  world tour (the only GH game i have played online) where it lets you choose prefered difficulties you would like to play with.
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By ieatlions
    @marioncobretti: OK i was just wondering !  but when you say quickplay game you mean ? I don't play my rhythm games online at all .
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

This is why I don't play online much. People can be real dicks simply because "You're not good enough." so that instantly makes you a "Fag", "Douche" or a "Retard". It never used to be like this until recent times.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GunstarRed
    @eroticfishcake:
    I guess I was a little too naive to have expected more of the people playing the Beatles game.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @marioncobretti: In that case I can only offer my sympathies since I don't own Rock Band to play with you. Also, I've noticed that I'm not getting any notifications from you. I think it has to do with the fact that the comments have to be beside the *insert name here*@ prefix before it works.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny

That's typical Rock Band online for ya'.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By A Likely Story

Even The Beatles: Rock Band isn't immune to the absolute stupidity of people you meet online, unfortunately.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Randolph

Like I've always said, the absolute worst thing about online gaming, and the only thing really holding online back at this point, are the online gamers themselves.  Stricter moderation of the people who use these services with a three strike and your out system that bans both the profile and the system itself from playing games on the service would be an absolute godsend.  However, these blubbering retards outnumber us 10 to 1, and they typically buy up DLC quick as shit.  So they get off easy, or get away with being dicks and ruining everything for more casual players who have actual priorities in life as opposed to valuing a meaningless number beside their name on a leaderboard of some product from a disposable bubble gum hobby over anything else in the world.

Punchoutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Punchoutman

Ugh, I hear you. I got yelled at constantly for not getting the DLC the minute it came out. I said that I would get it by the end of the week, but douchebags win because they only hear from the smart person "bla bla bla bla bla DLC bla bla bla"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.