Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Beatles: Rock Band

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Sep 09, 2009

Following the Rock Band formula, The Beatles: Rock Band immerses players into the shoes of the Fab Four as they progress through their career, featuring an exclusively Beatles theme and song list.

Should they have waited for the keyboard controller?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

Do you think The Beatles: Rock Band would have been better if they would've waited and have it support the keyboard controller? 

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ryax

no

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By A Likely Story

Yeah, no.

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JoRoNimo

Now, if they were to patch the game to allow it, and thus releasing more DLC for it?  

Count. Me. In.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By GunstarRed

No, not  at all it doesnt feel weird playing the piano parts using  guitar on some of the songs in the game already.
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Sooperspy

Of course. It has more value then.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RE_Player1
    @jorojoserojas said:
    " Now, if they were to patch the game to allow it, and thus releasing more DLC for it?   Count. Me. In. "
    Yes Yes and YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RE_Player1
    @drag said:
    " Maybe if they were a band that ever made any particular use of a keyboard .............  "
    They never used a keyboard? You learn something new every day.... Of course they didn't play piano on every song but there are lots of Beatles songs with piano. I'm not saying force the controller on every song only the ones applicable. She's Leaving Home is a good example because that song is dlc and has no drums in it so they just don't allow you to play with the drum controller. 
    fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#10  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
    @drag said:

" Maybe if they were a band that ever made any particular use of a keyboard .............  "

They used mellotrons, pianos, hammond organs and moog synthesizers ... I'd say they would be better played with a keyboard controller than a guitar controller.

The Mellotron basically was a precursor to what is a "keyboard" today, it had pre-recorded instrument samples played by a piano keyboard, though only 6 instruments or so (brass, flute, two kinds of strings and two kinds of choirs are the ones I can remember off hand, could be something more), the only real difference is that modern keyboards use digital samples and sound banks of at least 128 instruments, and the mellotron used a whole lot of tapes instead, which wore out and got out of tune with use.

Drumminjay108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Drumminjay108

TB:RB 2 is coming instead.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#13  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
    @drag said:
    " @RE_Player92: I didn't say never, just wasn't ever a very big part of their music, so I meant no they shouldn't have waited for the keyboard controller to come out before they released the game, because there's very little lost from the overall experience by not having it in there. If you follow me. They could potentially have some DLC with songs with bigger piano parts in them I suppose after RB3 comes out.  "
    That _was_ a big part of their music. Not all of their songs - but being one of the first popular bands experimenting with synthesizers, samplers and keyboard style instruments is one of the reasons they are known as such an innovative band, and what influenced so many bands after them.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @jorojoserojas said:

" Now, if they were to patch the game to allow it, and thus releasing more DLC for it?   Count. Me. In. "

I agree with this 100%. WE WANT "HEY JUDE", MAN!

@Drumminjay108 said:
    " TB:RB 2 is coming instead. "
    While you're clearly joking, I wouldn't be against a follow-up game that focused on the band members after they broke up. They still had a lot of hits even in their solo careers. I wouldn't mind playing those songs, and I'd totally buy the game. I think there's enough good post-Beatles songs to justifiy a game...
    Drumminjay108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Drumminjay108

I was not entirely joking.  There are still many songs they can put in a new game plus and excuse to add keyboard support and a full export from the previous game with updated charts... sounds kind of appealing to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.