Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Binding of Isaac

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 28, 2011

A twisted twin-stick shooter from one of the designers of Super Meat Boy. Players take control of Isaac, a young boy who delves deep into the dungeons of his basement as he is hunted by his deranged mother.

Playing on PC with a 360 controller

ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By ribeye
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By NekuSakuraba

That's pretty cool, I think I'll stick to K/M however.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MrKlorox

I swap bombs and items, use BACK for escape, and have start for pills/cards. Even though i have the right stick mapped, I prefer to use the face buttons since there's no analog movement or aiming in the game.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DeF

that's all well and good but how do I link it to the Isaac exécutable :) ?@ribeye:

ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By ribeye

just have it running when you launch the game

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrKlorox
    @DeF: Yeah, setup joytokey to switch to the profile when isaac.exe runs. Then just have joytokey running in the background on an empty profile. Now when Isaac.exe starts, it'll automatically switch to the right profile, and switch back to the empty one once it closes.
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By DeF

but HOW do I set up joytokey to switch to that profile!

specifically with that version ribeye uploaded!

before I came here, I tried the newer version where it let me link the cfg to an .exe (isaac.exe) file but nothing happened ..that's why I came here

@ribeye: @MrKlorox:

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By avidwriter

You know I just got a 360 controller but I never got this game.... seems like it' be better with a controller but I think I'd still suck at it.

amlabella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#9  Edited By amlabella

I bought and played this for a little while recently with a 360 gamepad and found myself struggling with the controls. I definitely prefer it to K/M, but the shooting still feels a bit off with the right analog stick. Should I try mapping the shooting to the face buttons? It's a shame that the controls aren't better and you can't shoot diagonally, because I love the design and premise of the game.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BisonHero

The game is built as if it were an arcade game that uses a 4-way stick, so it's one of the few times where I don't feel a controller is necessary. Keyboard controls seem fine for me, given there isn't analog movement of any sort, and there's hardly any buttons besides the movement and shooting, so it's not one of those games where you forget what keys are assigned to which functions. For the record, I've unlocked Basement Boy and Spelunker Boy.

But by all means, try out a controller if you want. I just wanted to tell people who maybe don't own this game that they should still consider it, even if they don't own a 360 controller/generic gamepad for their PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.