The Blackwell Legacy is the first point-and-click adventure game of the Blackwell series released by Wadjet Eye Games in 2006. The game features a similar art style to the realistic LucasArts and Sierra adventure games of the late 80s and early 90s with the game operating at a resolution of 320x240.
Rosangela Blackwell just came back from getting Aunt Lauren's ashes and scatters them off of the Brooklyn Bridge. She then meets with her aunt's doctor who explains Lauren's reason for psychiatric confinement and warns Rosangela that since her grandmother had it as well, the unexplainable condition could cripple Rosangela, too. When she gets back to her apartment, she sorts through old letters the hospital sent that were in possession of her aunt when she was commited. These letters go through the time period when her grandmother and aunt became afflicted with the bizarre condition. When done reading, Rosangela begins seeing a ghost in one of her old pictures and eventually sees the same ghost in person. She is immediately knocked cold. When awoken, she enounters the ghost again in somewhat denial. He introduces himself as Joey and explains to her that he helps other ghosts and also worked with Lauren and Lauren's mother. The rest of the game revolves around discovering mysteries, helping ghosts move on with their lives, and helping Rosangela cope with her new life.
The game uses a simplified point-and-click interface that allows players to use/interact/take with a left-click or to look at objects with a right-click. Progressing through the game focuses on conversing with characters to acquire information, with less focus on using items to succeed. The game also has a notepad function which is used to ask specific questions, as well as linking two clues together in order to create further clues and talking points.
- Rosangela Blackwell: The protagonist, a young freelance writer living a solitary live in a New York, City apartment who finds out she is also a medium.
- Joey Mallone: The ghost detective whom haunted Rosangela's Grandmother and Aunt and now Rosanglea.
- Nishanthi Sharma: Rosangela's next door neighbor, active flute player.
- Moti: Nishanthi's dog.
- Kelly Hawthorne: The gothic roommate.
- Adrian Tucker: The ladies' dorm leader.
- Dr. Quentin: Rosangela's grandmothers' psychiatrist.
- Hospital Guard: Guards Dr. Quentin's and Susan's hospital room.
- Alli Montego: One of the girls whom committed suicide found at the dog park. Blonde and loves dogs.
- Susan Lee: One of the three girls, the only survivor. Brunette and had a crush Alexander.
- The Deacon: Summoned by the three girls from a Ouija board is the lost soul haunting and the ultimate cause of the death of these girls.
- Demon: Essentually the devil, comes to take the Deacon to hell for his sins.
PC System Requirements
- OS:Windows ME or higher
- Processor:Pentium or higher
- Memory:64 MB RAM
- Graphics:640x400, 32-bit colour: 700 Mhz system minimum
- Hard Drive:200 MB HD space
- Sound:All DirectX-compatible sound cards