Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 08, 2013

A third-person, squad-based, tactical game that recounts humanity's first contact with aliens during the Cold War in the 1960s, and the subsequent founding of the XCOM organization.

Lengthy XCOM Preview

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cincaid

Here's a lengthy XCOM preview. Really makes it sound better than their trailer made it out to be, I was beginning to be really worried about this title a while. Sure it's not the same Xcom: UFO Defense or Terror From the Deep, but I'm very excited for this title now.

XCOM is looking remarkable and was a genuine surprise at this year's E3. The game looks to have come on leaps and bounds since its showing at E3 last year and 2K Marin seems to have gone to great lengths to preserve the strategical heart of XCOM, despite the fact that it's all draped in FPS clothing. The promise of both story-driven and non-narrative themed missions, as well as the tactical view and the depth of strategical choices should hopefully please the die-hard fans while enticing newcomers, making XCOM quite clearly one to watch for 2012.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arabes

That looks pretty cool, filled in a lot of info that was missing on what exactly happens in the missions.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By onarum

Yeah so it went from a poor man's COD to a poor man's ME... it is still NOT XCOM at all.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Grumbel
    @onarum said:

Yeah so it went from a poor man's COD to a poor man's ME... it is still NOT XCOM at all.

Well, lets wait and see how deep the strategic elements go. Full Spectrum Warrior for example was a fanatastic realtime strategy game from the third person with combat that felt quite similar to how X-COM felt and Mass Effect is essentially a simplified version of that. So if they build something in that direction and get it right it could be fantastic, even so it would divert a good bit  from the original X-COM.Also the guy behind the original X-COM is still active and was involved in the just released Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars and there are also people working on a heavily X-COM inspired game under the name of Xenonauts, so it's not like there is a shortage of round based strategy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm more hopeful for this game now. I'm on the stairs to get on board right now.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By redbliss

I really didnt know what this game was going to be about when I first saw it about a year ago, but it looked like a cool shooter. Now that more info has been released on the game I am pretty excited to get my hands on the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.