Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Cave

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jan 22, 2013

A new platforming-adventure game from Double Fine and famed designer Ron Gilbert, which has the player traversing a sentient, talking cave and solving puzzles co-operatively.

The Cave to iOS?

sumjugei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So they just announced The Cave for iOS. It seems most people like the idea of The Cave more than they actually enjoy the mechanics--especially on successive play-throughs.

I tried to give it a play through with a buddy, we had to stop because someone was always waiting for the other to catch the third character up.

So what will iOS bring? Multiplayer on different screens? A follow button?

Will The Cave for iOS, like Diablo 3 for Consoles, be the version we wish had shipped in the first place? Have initial releases become glorified betas?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By kaos_cracker

"The Cave on iOS doesn't have virtual analog sticks or buttons, but allows the player to tap and drag characters around the map, and choose characters with a poke on their respective icons along the bottom of the screen, the hands-on report notes."

sumjugei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaos_cracker:

Sure, that is what they are doing. I am more interested in speculating about weather it will improve the gameplay and how some recent ports seem to achieve the promise the originals failed to muster.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I enjoyed my 2 playthroughs of the game because the character levels were awesome, but they should have made it 9 characters instead of 7. No fucking way am I trudging through the game with 2 characters I've already played.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I just did a second run today and it was still pretty fun. Once you know how to run levels you can actually beat the game insanely quickly.

sumjugei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naru_joe93and @demoskinos: did you play alone?

I am beginning to think that playing with just one other person is the worst way to play. You either need to go it alone, or with two friends....

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@sumjugei: i played by myself. Like I said, first 2 playthroughs were great. I just didnt want to go for a third because it would have become crazy repetitive. I might go back to it one of these days

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@sumjugei: I went alone. Which was fun but as already said two runs through is about the tipping point for fun on this thing. Anyone who gets all the trophies are nuts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.