Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Apr 07, 2009

Both a remake and expansion to the critically-acclaimed Xbox and PC title The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Dark Athena features both the original campaign, an all-new campaign and new multiplayer modes.

Butcher bay add-on looks....rough on my PC

Father_Vice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Father_Vice

I bought the Dark Athena when it was on sale. I played Butch bay when it came out of Xbox and loved it and that was mostly the reason i bought the package as a whole.

i know the game is old but it just looks bad to me? i'm running an i7 cpu at 1.73 gigs, have 4g's of ram and an Nvidia gt 285m

i started the game at native 1920 but the way my mouse movement related to what i saw on screen was just weird. i bumped it down to 1280 and it looks a little better, but lots of jaggies when it comes to lighting on edges and faces are blurry and that is with fps hiccups.
    and yes i am trying to run this game at fullest settings, which for my system shouldn't be a problem and all my drivers are up to date.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nintendoeats

I playe dit ont he PC a couple months ago. It was better on the Xbox, both in terms of graphics and controls.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Turn off v-sync and leave AA off. The game is really unoptimized for anti-aliasing. As long as that is off you can pretty much max everything out just fine.

If you don't like tearing, just try forcing v-sync through your graphics driver (or d3d overrider) and the game will be smoother, but your mouse movement might be messed up since the game really is a console port, so hooray mouse smoothing!

Also the game does kinda look like crap, but it is pretty fun once you get into it. Oh yeah and to deal with the messed up mouse controls I played it with a 360 controller and had much more fun with it.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    There is probably a tweak to turn off the mouse shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.