Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Crew 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 26, 2018

Ubisoft's open-world racing game returns with boats and planes added to a refreshed United States.

Has this improved since released?

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

From what I recall, Jeff and other outlets were pretty down on the Crew 2 when it released. I was just curious if anyone has noticed improvements or if it's finally worth picking up at a discounted price now that it has had a little time to grow as a "service."

I would love to play an arcadey racer on my PS4. If i had a X1 I'd be all over Forza Horizon, but alas that's not an option.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I mean, they added more races and cars and that's about it. Summits from the first game are coming back on the 26th apparently, which is something of an end game thing I guess.

The first game I feel is way better since it doesn't try and spread itself too thin with disciplines. It has wayyy more end game content that's more meaningful. Less people might being playing it, but these games aren't really popular to begin with. They are both incredibly flawed games, but the first game had /some/ sense of adventure by forcing you to traverse the open world. The only thing the second one had that beats it is the photo ops, which I mentioned elsewhere, aren't worth it.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, they added more races and cars and that's about it. Summits from the first game are coming back on the 26th apparently, which is something of an end game thing I guess.

The first game I feel is way better since it doesn't try and spread itself too thin with disciplines. It has wayyy more end game content that's more meaningful. Less people might being playing it, but these games aren't really popular to begin with. They are both incredibly flawed games, but the first game had /some/ sense of adventure by forcing you to traverse the open world. The only thing the second one had that beats it is the photo ops, which I mentioned elsewhere, aren't worth it.

I appreciate the feedback. I enjoyed the original game quite a bit for what it was. It sort of fit nicely in that hole that Need for Speed has left for a while now.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@mightyduck: No problem. If you want a decent arcade racer that'll last you a few days, go for it on a deep discount I'd say. You will have to do some grinding or some skill challenges if you want to keep up with the recommended level, so if that turns you off, then maybe skip it.

If you don't own Driveclub, I'd highly recommend that too (not as much an arcade racer, but close). It's physics model isn't for everyone, but I think it's probably the best racing game on PS4 right now (that includes Gran Turismo).

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shivermetimbers: totally agree about Drive club. I've been working my way through the PSVR version and really enjoy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.