Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Crew 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 26, 2018

Ubisoft's open-world racing game returns with boats and planes added to a refreshed United States.

The Crew 2 as compared to The Crew

Brittinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Serious question for those of you that have started playing The Crew 2 or played the most recent beta: If I really liked the first game, which I did, do you think I will like this game? I've been hearing a lot of negativity surrounding The Crew 2 but I can't tell if it's from people that played and liked the first one or not. I would love to hear from people that spent a considerable amount of time with the first game and how this one compares.

abczyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Having played both betas (which were basically identical), it's very similar to the first game. I thought The Crew was very flawed but endearing, especially as someone who enjoyed TDU (and even TDU2).

The car handling definitely is a bit better, although still not as satisfying as other games. The bikes were pretty neat. The planes and boats were...fine? There's not all that much to them, but they handled OK and I'm sure they'd be a fun diversion. The betas didn't really show off much in the way of progression but I can't see how it could be worse than the first game and its bad story. And there are more cars, which can only be a good thing.

The graphics are still a bit poor, even considering the huge scale. Pop-in seems to be the only real problem though. The online world is still a touch disappointing in how empty it feels, although YMMV especially if you play with friends.

Overall, I'm probably going to do exactly what I did after trying the first game's open beta, which is wait for a sale. I mostly enjoyed the first game for the novelty of the huge open world and so I am a bit disappointed the map is so similar. If you really enjoyed the first game, then I can't see why you wouldn't like this unless you just find it too similar.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@abczyx: I'm glad to hear that. I enjoyed the first one, despite it's flaws, but I was a happy buyer at about $20. Any more than that and it's hard to overlook the problems. Ubisoft is usually good about sales though, so I'm sure I'll be able to play this in a year or so.

MrCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MrCK

I didn't love the handling in the first one, but stuck with it cause I enjoyed the open world and RPG-elements and did end up liking it quite a bit.

Based on the beta for this one though I am not sure I would recommend it full price, waiting on a sale (and hopefully improvements along the way) seems the best way to go.The world felt empty, and with almost nothing to do (might just be a beta thing), the driving did not feel that improved to me, the boats/planes felt alright, but didn't really add much "fun factor" (to me), the loot aspect seem like more of an afterthought in this one and the story is somehow way worse than Crew 1.

I really wanted to like it cause I love the idea of an open world racing RPG And Crew 1 had so much potential, but I enjoyed the beta of Crew 2 far less than Crew 1, it was a real bummer. Hopefully Ubisoft do improve it over time as they have done with other titles lately.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.