Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Crew

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 02, 2014

A single-player and cooperative driving game that takes place throughout the United States, developed by Ivory Tower.

Akyho's Angered Assessment : Ubisoft's "The Crew"

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Akyho

Hallo and welcome to my little space to complain about a game that has just caused me to rage quit by basic game design.

I previously made a forum post on Batman: Arkham Knight for the PC in which pretty much every turn in that game pissed me off to no end and yet the basic core Arkham serise mechanics made me want to play it despite the new additions (namely the answers to 90% of the game was USE THE BATMOBILE!) and so there was many moment to rage at that game, this is going to be fairly short compared to my anger toward Arkham.

Today the game that has made me irate is Ubisoft's "The Crew" which most people know is not a stellar game and happily forgot about it despite the break out unveiling at E3 many years ago, I am one of those who got it free and you would think I should not complain...except I will.

Ubisoft gave it away free for Ubisoft 30 years anniversary a few weeks back and I was always interested, I played the beta/demo before release and thought it was "neat" and never bought it. Now with two weeks off work I decided to let myself fall into the shameless collectathon that is a modern Ubisoft game and let it just meditate me, this has worked with Assassin creed games before, Far Cry 3 (which reminds me I should install and play Far cry 4 to fill this void, why I bought it in a sale months ago.) and so it seemed like a sound thought, I am whore for customisation and car's why not?

Playing for 5 hours I found out why not.... the very basics of the game do satisfy me in a similar vein that Burnout Paradise City does, however whenever I see a goal to attain in the sense "oh I want that!" in the form of a car I am blocked, not by level I am blocked by paying money...not in game money...real money. Yes I did get this game for free, yet I could have paid for this with my real money and still be blocked from well...the main fact of the game. The main fact is cars! I WANT CARS IN MY CAR GAME! CAN I HAVE THAT CAR!? YES?! OK HOW MUCH GAME MUST I PLAY TO GET THAT CAR IN THE GAME?! None?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN NONE!? Oh.....real money....as in...do not play this game...just give you money, sorry I thought you wanted people to play and enjoy your game. You are a game publisher and developer Ubisoft...I got this in the 30th anniversary deal so you have been in this business for a LOOOONG time, I would assume you knew what a game was and the point of it which is one provide entertainment and two be sold for a profit, these are two facts of game industry that is held up most of the time.

Why is it that you have putting the money in front of gameplay? Yes Ubisoft I know is one half of the point of video games as I just said...yet it in theory I already put the money down to buy the game and to PLAY IT not BUY MORE OF IT.

Ok fine...fine....The Crew this is how it works...fiiiiiiiine, Ok I will not aim to try and get these cars because you are supposed to put real money to them....what about this car? Oh I can buy with "Crew points" sure lets see.....OH FUCK OFF! JUST FUCK OFF!...it took me to a menu to buy thousands of crew points for...REAL MONEY AGAIN! I did not realise my desktop pc was a smartphone for mobile game. My laptop is because it has Windows 10 installed on it and it just fucking is a giant smart phone at this point, I regret it does not have a touch screen because I feel thats how your supposed to use Windows 10.

Right ok ok ok ok! FINE FINE! I WONT HAVE THE FAIRLADY Z! Which you have to buy the season pass to get... which that does not sting so much despite how much I would want to try and go for it. I continue my gameplay..,sorry "gameplay" by how Ubisoft treats it. A small little....."reminder" sits in the middle of the screen as I am on the minimap "reminding" me I could press X and buy the expansion "The Crew: Wild Runs." that's ok, it is honestly fine DLC expansions are like that and this all could be one big spin to sell the expansion, the "reminder" is a little intrusive...like a free to play game's reminders.

I am urged to play this special little mission and I do so because it is nearby I start it up and it says basicly "YOU A MONSTER TRUCK DO STUNTS AND UNLOCK THE ABILITY TO TURN YOUR CARS INTO MONSTER TRUCKS!" OH COOL! I AM EXCITED!! Sure I will need a shit ton of ingame money to buy these however that sound like gameplay and I will play it to do so. I do the mission have a little bit of fun then I am quickly ushered into a new thing, a Drag race with a custom Drag race car also saying "DO THIS AND GET TO MAKE DRAG RACER CARS!" again "COOL!!!" is my reaction, I spend the next while doing and learning how to drag race and fine it fun, next step "YOU CAN MAKE DRIFT CARS!" I thought "Waaaait.....that is realy cool....however I am feeling this is somthing else...if this fucking game asks me to buy this shit after pay walling me so much in the last 20 minutes?!"........HEY GUYS! IT PAY WALLED ME!

Turns out it was all a "Demo" for Wild Runs the cool fun whacky expansion to Ubisofts Crew!! Pay real money now and you can....fuck off...fuck off...fuuuuuuuck off Ubisoft...nope done....uninstalled fuck off......I am done. You did not even cock block me you simply put a chastity belt on me and told me if I want to get to have any fun pay money, is that not an issue that should not be an issue.

I have sat for the last month playing Star Trek Timelines a free to play mobile game, it is a weird sorta card game weird thing about Star Trek, sure it wants to get money out of you yet if you put time in you can get buy without money...and it is not fun...yet compelling. Another mobile game I have also been playing Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle, much the same concept as a Card collecting game with weird game mechanics and yet I am compelled to play it as I do find fun in it. I played a stupid amount of WWE Card Battles untill I just gave up.

These are examples of how easily amused I can be in collecting and upgrading things, seeing little numbers tick over with small boosts to gameplay. Then why is it Ubisoft cannot do this with a game THAT I SHOULD HAVE PAID REAL MONEY FOR ALREADY! INSTEAD ASSUME I DID NOT PAY IT THEN FORCE ME TO PAY FOR MORE AT EVERY STEP IF I WANT PROGRESSION!?

Oh good in the time it took me to remind myself to play Far cry 4 set it up to install and now come to a finish to my angry ambling annoyed accusations...I will stop now. It is now installed and may it not become my next "Akyho's Angered Assessment"....AWWW FUCK.....the fucking eagles.....can I mod them out of the came? Surely I could....and it is an Ubisoft game surley after the last Asscreed game and The Crew they did not microtransaction Far cry 4 to shit, time to find out.

PS FUCK OFF THE CREW!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you interested in pre-ordering the Calling All Units expansion out this year? I feel like you might really enjoy it as such a big fan of the base game. Only $24.99!!!

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Um, I own the game, played it to completion, owned a fuckton of cars in-game and never paid a dime over the cost of the game.

Not sure why you are... whatever you are...

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Akyho

@bigsocrates: Oh no I bought that a few years ago it was called Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, I have no clue why the decided to rename it.

@retrometal: Then you played it very early, as this would be the DLC cars and other moments of pestering to buy DLC whole hog or piecemeal was not implemented. I wish I had played it then as it is just not fun being blocked about four times by a pay wall in a 30 minute sequence, all I had done is check out Chicago and New york and all this happened which just soured my wish to play the game, expecting everything else to be hidden behind paywalls.

The garages only showed three cars I could buy with ingame money yet showed four that I would need to pay real money, three by the prices I said and one by buying the season pass. When this is a the ratio showed to me early on it does not give me much hope that I will not be annoyed further and feel the game is hampering me more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.