Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Darkness II

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Return to the dark life of Jackie Estacado in The Darkness II, Digital Extremes' sequel to the 2007 shooter by Starbreeze.

Totally under my radar until I saw this video

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I loved The Darkness 1. I thought it had an amazing and emotional story, a neat and different setting for the time, great voice work and acting, and though the shooting mechanics weren't the best, using the darkness tentacles were pretty awesome.

But that was in 2007, and a lot has changed since then. In fact that game came out before the big Modern FPS shooter boom. I'm a little burned out on shooters and with Star Breeze (the original developers) not developing The Darkness 2, I just kind of brushed the game off.

That is until I was cruising around over at Gamesradar.com and they had a short demo of the beginning of the game. I figured, "eh why not watch it and see what it's like?"

Well, I was blown away. Not only does it keep that cool mobster vibe going with a pretty awesome first 30 seconds, but the changed art style to represent the comic better and the new darkness fatalities look awesome. The guy playing the game sucks, but that's okay, can't blame him for that.

Anyway, for those that care, here is the link to the video.

http://www.gamesradar.com/darkness-ii-see-very-beginning-game/#comment-389779

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By big_jon

Looks great.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp

I wonder if it's going to have that same creepy dark humor that The Darkness had with Starbreeze. Those pay phone calls were really something.

Darkness 2 looks absolutely amazing though, I can't imagine the art looking any better

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Sambambo

My god, its not so much that he is bad at games, just that the guy playing is a complete idiot.

Game looks great though.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Heltom92

Despite being a fan of the first game, this is the first time I've really had a proper look at the sequel and it realy does look awesome. Especially when the Darkness returns.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Bwast

Would you say it was under your gamesradar?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sooty

The first game depressed me, if the second pulls strings like that I don't think I can take it. Motherfuckers.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Mystyr_E

@Bwast: ba-dum tssh!

LittleBigJono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LittleBigJono

Yup, as long as you can still eat human hearts and listen to payphones I'm in

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.