Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Darkness

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 25, 2007

On his 21st birthday, Jackie Estacado gets possessed by an entity known as The Darkness. After getting into trouble with the Mafia, Jackie finds himself on the run, trying to protect the people most important to him.

So Close!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-6308c1821738f
    deactivated-6308c1821738f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

I just finished The Darkness with 275 devoured hearts.  I didn't eat enough early on.  But oh well, I wont be playing through again to get them.  Absolutely not a fan of this game.  I basically forced myself through it just to say I finished it.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

alright...

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MasturbatingBear

and... so? As someone who hasnt played the game I see no significance in the 275 hearts. What do you mean by so close?

Prime20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Prime20

If i remember correctly you get an achievement for eating 300 or so hearts.

Also if your playing a game just for Achievements your wasting your time. Screw the achievement points, if your bored with a game play something else.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kush
    Prime20 said:
    "If i remember correctly you get an achievement for eating 300 or so hearts.

Also if your playing a game just for Achievements your wasting your time. Screw the achievement points, if your bored with a game play something else."
    I would assume that is the case and thus I could care less about a thread where some guy complains about not getting one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, looks like everyone's in a friendly mood tonight.  I'm so sorry for upsetting everyone *sarcasm*  and yeah I was talking about the achievement for 300 hearts.  Hey look on the bright side, at least I didn't make a topic asking what you guys are playing right now.

btw...I have the right to play a game any way I want and I don't need some little kids telling me how I should play.

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Um well that would be better, this is a pointless topic and would be better as a blog. Your not asking us a question or frankly giving us a reason to post comments which have anything to do with the topic. If you have problems with asking people what they are playing right now clearly you need help.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So i have to be asking a question to make a topic?   Im sure I can find plenty of pointless posts thats not asking a question.  It really amazes me how quickly everyone is to insult me for a simple topic.  If you guys dont like what I posted then dont reply and let in fall off the page instead of acting big insulting someone over the internet.

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MasturbatingBear

How are we acting big? were just saying its dumb to complain about things that are dumb. No one made you play the game( im assuming, i don't know) so don't complain if you didnt get an achievement.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasnt complaining about not getting an achievement.  Im sorry if everyone got that idea.   I just wanted to talk about it.  I thought thats was what a discussion board was for.  Anyway, nobody made me play the game, I chose to, and I ended up not likeling it.  I just don't understand why everyone had to bee an asshole about it.

All you have to say is "Well I don't play for achievements so its no big deal for me"    Theres no point disrespecting someone for no reason.

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MasturbatingBear

I do play for achievements. But if i want them I don't play a game I hate (you with the darkness) I would play a game which will give me easy points or a game with extra points but a game I already like enough to want to play it. If i do play a game I hate I don't complain about it...

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By clubsandwich

That's weird, the first time I played it I got more than 300 hearts. You're doing it wrong.

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MasturbatingBear
    clubsandwich said:
    "That's weird, the first time I played it I got more than 300 hearts. You're doing it wrong."
    Owned by a clubsandwich. Rough.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kush

I am guessing you are a little kid...not us.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand what your saying, but I just want to make it clear that I wasn't complaining, I was just giving my opinion of the game.  Sorry If came off the wrong way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kush said:
    "I am guessing you are a little kid...not us."
    Well I'm not, and just out of curiosity, how old are you?
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Your not sorry, if you were sorry you would stop, but you keep on posting and keep on complaining, deal with it, the game is okay. I liked it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasturbatingBear said:
    "Your not sorry, if you were sorry you would stop, but you keep on posting and keep on complaining, deal with it, the game is okay. I liked it."
    Huh?  Dude i'm trying to apologize, what more do you want me to do?  I know that my message came off the wrong way and I apologized for that.  I respect the fact that you liked the game, your entitled to your opinion, but I'm entitled to my opinion too.
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Wow, now hes complaining about apologies, some people just like trolling. Just make an account at gamefaqs, practice there, then come back here with your new rudeness.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Jayge_
    bolsita_de_te said:
    "MasturbatingBear said:
    "Your not sorry, if you were sorry you would stop, but you keep on posting and keep on complaining, deal with it, the game is okay. I liked it."
    Huh?  Dude i'm trying to apologize, what more do you want me to do?  I know that my message came off the wrong way and I apologized for that.  I respect the fact that you liked the game, your entitled to your opinion, but I'm entitled to my opinion too."
    I would like you to ignore MasturbatingBear, as he is not representitive of the general userbase here (although to be honest, I'm a douchebag, so you might want to watch out for me too). He's not being very hospitable to new people.

Anyway, I liked The Darkness, but I'd like to hear what you have to say about it anyway.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kush
    bolsita_de_te said:
    "Kush said:
    "I am guessing you are a little kid...not us."
    Well I'm not, and just out of curiosity, how old are you?"
    Probably older than you...both literally and mentally.
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MasturbatingBear

How am i not hospitable to new people? im not hospital to assholes like you jayge.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I give up haha.   I really am sorry for upsetting everyone.  I just finished the game and wanted to talk about it.  But I did it in the wrong way.  I'll think before I post next time.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kush
    bolsita_de_te said:
    "Ok I give up haha.   I really am sorry for upsetting everyone.  I just finished the game and wanted to talk about it.  But I did it in the wrong way.  I'll think before I post next time."
    I don't believe you...I'll keep my gun holstered, but I'll also keep my hand only 4 inches away from it at all times.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sidescroller said:
    "Why is everybody being such a douchebag?

This is a game discussion website right?

Aren't we supposed to, I don't know, discuss GAMES?

As for the 300 heart achievement, in the courtyard of Uncle Paulie's house you have to fight off like a million' guys, and the hearts are cumulative so I just kept dying and eating the guys hearts there.

The Darkness is a great game, very under rated in my opinion."
    Thats a good idea, wish I would have thought of that.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kush

The Darkness is a great game. I believe it's one of the most underrated games of recent years...That being said, this thread never attempted to start a discussion. It was just a guy saying he didn't get enough hearts in his playthrough and that he thought the game sucked too much to play again.

whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By whackmypinata
    Kush said:
    "The Darkness is a great game. I believe it's one of the most underrated games of recent years...That being said, this thread never attempted to start a discussion. It was just a guy saying he didn't get enough hearts in his playthrough and that he thought the game sucked too much to play again."
    So many people have been complaining about this lately. To me, it's bullshit. Stop being morons and just let the guy promote something he obviously wants to talk about.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Milkman

There's a reason he posted it on The Darkness board and not on the general discussion board. Because the post was for people interested in The Darkness, not for people to say "So what? I never played that game." People are god damn stupid.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Sorry to hear you didn't like the game. I thought it was shockingly awesome.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By jakob187
    bolsita_de_te said:
    "I just finished The Darkness with 275 devoured hearts.  I didn't eat enough early on.  But oh well, I wont be playing through again to get them."
    I'm sorry.  We must've misread.  That sounded like complaining.  Guess it was just disappointment of not getting 25 whole gamer points out of the easy 600 or so the game throws at you.  I also got the Cannibal achievement without a problem, so you definitely MUST have done it wrong.

And to fail at a 25G achievement in a game you didn't even like...is massive fail.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.