Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Darkness

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 25, 2007

On his 21st birthday, Jackie Estacado gets possessed by an entity known as The Darkness. After getting into trouble with the Mafia, Jackie finds himself on the run, trying to protect the people most important to him.

So I played the demo....

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

I loved it, it was awesome. For the first time in a video game, when I shot someone in the head their head didn't either unrealistically pop or lay unscathed, despite the arterial spray. When I shot someone in the head there was an entrance and an exit wound. I could see their insides! I could fucking rip their hearts out. God it was so much fun.

My question is, how is this game in comparison to the demo and does anyone reccomend The Darkness? I'm looking for a good horror-shooter for plain and simple bloody fun. Coughandtheachievementpointscough. What? :P

I would appreciate the thoughts of anyone who has played the game and whether or not I should go out to Best Buy and grab this. Because the demo says yes.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By get2sammyb

I got this for PS3 on the weekend because it was £5. I'm about 30-40% in and so far the games been fun, the plots been interesting and a lot of the games ideas are pretty neat. There's a lot to see and explore and it's worth mentioning that the voice acting is extraordinarily good.

See if you can get a second hand copy and it's totally worth every penny as a title to fill in time between big releases.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DualReaver

The game is probably one of the most underrated games of 2007, the full game is definitely worth a play through or two.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

This is a great game, especially since you can find it for cheap now.  It may not have a lot of replay value but it's worth $20 or so for the campaign in my opinion.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BiggerBomb

I have about $30-35 left on a Best Buy gift certificate and I would be willing (if I had to) to cover the difference with $10. What would a new copy at Best Buy probably go for?

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Yes. Buy it. BUY IT.

Oh, and stay away from the GB page for the game, I wrote the plot section, and it lays out the entire story. So stay awaaay!

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb
    TheGTAvaccine said:
    "Yes. Buy it. BUY IT.

Oh, and stay away from the GB page for the game, I wrote the plot section, and it lays out the entire story. So stay awaaay!"

Haha, I saw the thread title. I did stay away.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mike

Assuming you can still even find it at Best Buy.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BiggerBomb

My Best Buy has everything and I am thankful for that because I have no local gaming outlet and I REFUSE to fuel the evil machine that is GameStop.

TheDarkSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By TheDarkSlayer

Great game, if you liked the demo get the game.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BiggerBomb

Aight, it would seem that it is pretty much unanimous in favor of getting this game. Now I just have to wait until my dad let's me drive to Best Buy. G'damn learner's permit.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Gargantuan

It's the best shooter I've played in many years. Very nice gameplay, extremely good characters and story and the graphics are really good.
    It's definitaly in my top 3 FPS list.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By kush

I highly recommend this game and think it's one of the most underrated games of this generation. Don't really want to bump a thread without a reply in almost a week, but I thought I'd just mention that The Darkness has also dropped to $8.99 used at GS for the 360 and with the coupon this week you can get it for around $6! That is an absolute steal for this game.

logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By logson

As stated above, it's certainly worth buying at the price you can get it for today. I bought it a few days after launch, and probably spent 30 hours with it in the next three days; it rolls along at a nice clip. Like BioShock, there is functionally no multiplayer (well, there is, but it's god awful,) but the single player experience is easily worth the price of admission.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.