Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls Anthology

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 10, 2013

The Elder Scrolls Anthology is a PC compilation of Elder Scrolls titles from Arena to Skyrim.

Arena & Daggerfall

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I just learned about this and I am interested. However, does anyone know if Arena and Daggerfall have been optimized to run on Windows 7 or 8? Or do you need DOS Box?

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ThunderSlash

You'd need DOS Box. But if you look around, I'm sure that you'd find that there are preconfigured packages of Arena and Daggerfall.

Here and here.

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bongchilla

I'm surprised Bethesda didn't, at the very least, make the earlier games compatible with modern windows if your spending 80 dollars for this anthology. Thanks for the info. Still a cool package though as Elder Scrolls is one of my favorite series.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Unless you are really into those types of PC games, the early Elder Scrolls games are not worth much beyond simply seeing how the series began. Daggerfall is massive and probably isn't worth playing all the way through. It's also fairly hard to play unless you have some sort of a guide helping you out if I recall correctly. Although it's probably worth checking out those games just to see how far everything has come.

I am also they didn't make it more optimized, especially you can legally download those games for free (or at least you could at one point).

Doesn't really answer your question but it looks that an answer has already been given and I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patman99: I actually have a boxed copy of Daggerfall that I purchased when it was released. I remember getting pretty far at the time but I was pretty young than. I've never played Arena though and never tried fighting with Dos box to play it.

I'll still probably pick this up though because of my love for the series. Would have been nice to see a little bit of care put into the two earlier games though.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I read in a product description, I believe on Amazon, that they work out of the box via a built-in emulator.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Elder Scrolls Arena and Daggerfall are available for free, legitimately. Here's Arena, here's Daggerfall.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GreggD

AH, found it:

• Arena: The Anthology features the original version of Arena and will launch within a DOS emulator.
    • Daggerfall: The ancient golem Numidium, a powerful weapon once used to unify Tamriel has once again been unearthed. The Anthology features the original version of Daggerfall and will launch within a DOS emulator.
    • Morrowind: To fulfill an ancient prophecy, the Emperor sends you, to the island of Vvardenfell to rid the land of Morrowind of a dark curse. Also includes: Tribunal and Bloodmoon add-ons, plus The Elder Scrolls Construction Set.
    • Oblivion: With the Empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land. In the shadow of evil, a hero will rise from the ashes of a fallen Empire. Also includes: Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansions.
    • Skyrim: Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel. Also includes: Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn add-ons.
    bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd: Awesome, that's good to know. Thanks for posting that!

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.