Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 30, 1996

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall from Bethesda Softworks is an enormous RPG and sequel to The Elder Scrolls: Arena. It includes a massive gameworld and pioneering freeform play. It was well received for these factors, but was criticised for a number of crippling bugs.

No idea what i'm doing...

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

I was inspired by Dave and Vinny to give this game a try, and some lovely GB duders pointed me to a great free version of it. And I'm having alot of fun. Game plays surprisingly well once you get the controls sorted out.

But i'm sorta lost. I got out of the first dungeon, walked to the nearest town, then after screwing around there, figured out how to fast travel to DaggerFall.

But now what? Daggerfall is gigantic and I have no clue where to go or who to talk to. Where are my quests?! I would love some help!

ohnosquirrels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

FordPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FordPerfect

The next part of the main quest happens a few days after you escape the starter dungeon. You get a letter and progress from there. Otherwise from what I remember do lots of silly jumping and running to level those skills....

They really needed to advertise that they released this game for free more publicly cause i had know idea.

I hope vinny and dave keep it up

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mikemcn

@FordPerfect said:

The next part of the main quest happens a few days after you escape the starter dungeon. You get a letter and progress from there. Otherwise from what I remember do lots of silly jumping and running to level those skills....

They really needed to advertise that they released this game for free more publicly cause i had know idea.

I hope vinny and dave keep it up

I'm assuming you saw this post about how to get if your interested,

FordPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By FordPerfect

Oh most definitely, I have been playing bunches over the weekend since I watched the livestream.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake

Join a guild. Like any other TES game there's always the Fighter's Guild, the Mages Guild, Thief's Guild and the notorious Dark Brotherhood. All of them tailor to a certain play style and will offer services and randomly generated quests. Alternatively, become a freelance thief (which is one way of getting into the Thief's Guild) and buy a house. Become a werewolf or vampire. Terrorise the towns. Explore dungeons and crypts. There's lots to do but it's just a little tricky to pinpoint.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Milkman

I was reading up on Daggerfall after the live stream and it seems like there are a few points where the game just makes you wait for the main story to kick in. You just have to keep yourself busy until then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.