Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 30, 1996

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall from Bethesda Softworks is an enormous RPG and sequel to The Elder Scrolls: Arena. It includes a massive gameworld and pioneering freeform play. It was well received for these factors, but was criticised for a number of crippling bugs.

Similarities to Morrowind and Oblivion.

peter_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By peter_j

I never played the game, just wondered how close the gameplay is to Morrowind and Oblivion.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It's a lot more randomly generated, and it uses dice rolls to hit like Morrowind. It's also one of the most buggy games ever pre-patch. (after the patch your greatest worry is falling through the floors). Also, the huge gameworld is really a sham since you get the same quests wherever you are. It's still fun, but it costs a crapload on Amazon and Ebay.

peter_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By peter_j

Cool, I wasn't thinking of getting it. I was just curious about it.

PeanutGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By PeanutGod

The game has the potential of being one of the best games ever, but manages to fail at every step. Playing it I found myself being constantly disappointed and yet going on forward hoping to get what I wanted to see in the game. Did anyone else feel the same?

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By snide

It was as ambitious as Morrowind at a time when the technology couldn't support it. Looking back, it is not very playable vs. a game like Baldurs Gate II or Icewind Dale II.

That doesn't mean it wasn't pivotal in moving the genre forward, which it was, it's just not very playable today.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By keyhunter

I played it a few years ago, and it's really quite good. I literally quit playing 10 minutes into the game after spending 9 minutes making a character, and 1 minute walking over to a rat, not being able to figure out how to attack, getting killed by said rat, and not having saved, I quit for good.

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ouroboros

The dungeons, outside of the quest dungeons, were all randomly generated and they were awful and broken.  The landscape open and barren and you can get attacked when you quick travel.  At the time it was amazing, I dont know how well it holds up against even next to its sequel Morrowind.  Definently try it as it's free but dont be too dissapointed by it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.