Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 01, 2002

The third entry in Bethesda's series of expansive first-person role-playing games. Arriving on the island of Vvardenfell as a prisoner, the player character is caught up in an ancient prophecy, as well as a power struggle between factions, races, and gods incarnate.

Is there a map mod?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b047a335a3c2
    deactivated-5b047a335a3c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Is there a mod that changes the map? so there's quest waypoints like in oblivion.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shiftymagician

Try this out - http://yacoby.silgrad.com/MW/Mods/FastTravel.htm 

I believe this is kind of like what you are looking for.  It isn't exactly using waypoints but at least you can choose where to go with a cross-hair selection.  Don't know any other mods that will replicate Oblivion's fast travel system more accurately though.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Aronman789

Screw that, walk everywhere like a man!

velucyraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By velucyraptor
    @Aronman789 said:
    Screw that, walk everywhere like a man!
    This (: 
    There is a mod (the Taxi mod?) which gives more fast travel options from town to town by adding little guar carts to a lot of places where silt striders are unavailable, but other than that I'd say you wouldn't get anything closer to what you're looking for other than what Shifty suggested.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b047a335a3c2
    deactivated-5b047a335a3c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thanks for the info. I'll give that mod a shot. Mostly I would like a better map. I'm playing in 1080p and it is very hard to read the map because it is so small, and the instructions in the journal can be a little vague sometimes. But I also don't want to alter the original game too much. I'd like to experience the game as it was created by the developers. Dated graphics don't bother me so much unless they make the game more difficult to play. I might try switching to 720p too see if that makes the interface easier to deal with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.