Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

I just had an Oblivion experience.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By kashif1

My brother had loaned my copy of Oblivion to his friend for the summer and I had just gotten it back. When I started up the game I saw that I was in Passwall during the knights of order invasion. I was also completely invisible and wielding a sword which I had enchanted myself. I walked up to what must have been thirty knights and back stabbed all of them. The head of the dark seducer army woke up from unconsciousness and congratulated me on my victory, she then suggested I see the god of madness for my next task. I walked up to the gates only to realize that there was along term feather spell that allowed me to walk and it had worn out. I recasted the spell and then exited the Islands, I was greeted by a beautiful view of Cyrodil and a guard who wanted nothing to do with me because I had been in the Isles for too long. I decided to fast travel to my mansion in Cydenhal where I would leave my more heavy and valuable loot and then get some armor that did not have a full Camo enchantment on it so that I may have an actual challenge.. Having decided this I went to the map and selected my destination, the loading screen came up and my game froze. That's the complete oblivion experience.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Enigma777

Your gamesave didn't get corrupted? Sounds like you got jipped.

michaelenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By michaelenger

Thanks, now I don't need to play the game :D

On a serious note however, your description made my RPG-sense tingle and maybe I'll boot up the game and try to get further than the exit of the sewers.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By damswedon

You forgot the part where you can't visit Bruma because you duped 1000 Watermelons and the framerate goes to shit when you visit there.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@michaelenger said:

Thanks, now I don't need to play the game :D

On a serious note however, your description made my RPG-sense tingle and maybe I'll boot up the game and try to get further than the exit of the sewers.

That's where the game gets good, don't stop there!

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Doctorchimp

You didn't go through the same cave a dozen times in a row and then wonder why a bandit on the road is bothering to steal coins off of people when he's wearing Daedric and glass armor...

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By swoxx

Too many fucking gates. :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.