Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

Oblivion Thieves Guild Quest Help?

razorzxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By razorzxz

Currently in The Elder Scrolls Oblivion I am trying to complete the Springheel Jak quest, but I am failing to do so for one reason. I have given him the boots and it says in my completed quests "The Gray Fox has thanked me for giving him the boots. He paid me 500 gold coins for my efforts". Now I am not aware of what to do because I believe the quest has glitched and now all he will say to me is "Not now I need to think" something along those lines. So can anybody help or will I just have to accept the fact that I will not be able to finish the thieves guild quest-line.

cesson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By cesson

If i remember correctly you just need to wait for him to contact you again. So go do another quest or just go sleep for a day or two.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SlightConfuse

Wait a few hours or so other stuff. A bit of advice for the final quest, when you shoot the arrow in to the statue and go through the door save because the door can only be opened once. Also save before shooting the arrow

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By McGhee

A little more advice for the final mission. When you have to take a long jump to escape: If you keep the Boots of Springheel Jack on they will be destroyed. Take the boots off and drink a bunch of different potions to fortify your stats, then jump. You can survive and keep the shoes which are super awesome.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Buscemi

I never did that quest, it was ineligible. It appears I had the crazy times with his mom.

razorzxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By razorzxz

@cesson: I have waited around in the Imperial City for several days and have not been given a quest to fence 1000 gold which I am pretty sure you have to do to advance.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @razorzxz: Well just fence the 1000 gp and wait again, if not use the console to advance the quest.
    razorzxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By razorzxz

I think I may have to accept it and create a new character just to finish this last bit. Thanks everyone for the help.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.