The Ideal City

#1 Posted by eccentrix (2006 posts) -

Is it just me, or does this look a lot like the Imperial City?

The Ideal City - Fra Carnevale
The Ideal City - Fra Carnevale

I looked around and couldn't find any other mentions of this, and I haven't played the game in a long time, so I don't actually know how similar it is. It just looks like it's looking into one of the rounded sections.

#2 Posted by DeadeyeMcCoy (278 posts) -

Nah, not really. Oblivion's Imperial City was full of high walls and towers, nothing quite that flat and wide open.

#3 Edited by Missacre (568 posts) -

I don't know about you guys, buy I can't wait for the game that recreates a big city in its entirety, where you can enter every building and every room, and they'll be unique according to their architecture, and there'll be more than 2 or 3 unique stores in the game. I know it'll probably never be possible, but it's one thing I've always wanted in a game.

#4 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1994 posts) -

@missacre said:

I don't know about you guys, buy I can't wait for the game that recreates a big city in its entirety, where you can enter every building and every room, and they'll be unique according to their architecture, and there'll be more than 2 or 3 unique stores in the game. I know it'll probably never be possible, but it's one thing I've always wanted in a game.

It's possible, just a LOT of work and it'd probably end up being about as stable as an elder scrolls game.

#5 Posted by themangalist (1869 posts) -

If you are talking about population density, Oblivion is EXACTLY like this painting.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
#6 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3413 posts) -

It's just you.

#7 Posted by Missacre (568 posts) -

@missacre said:

It's possible, just a LOT of work and it'd probably end up being about as stable as an elder scrolls game.

Yeah, you're probably right. I can dream, though.

#8 Posted by mrpandaman (955 posts) -

If you are talking about population density, Oblivion is EXACTLY like this painting.

lol

#9 Posted by FengShuiGod (1518 posts) -

@missacre said:

There is also this really awesome thing called OUTSIDE, I did it once at it was pretty cool. Game play kinda sucked though.

#11 Edited by Ravenlight (8057 posts) -

Buuuurrrrrrnn!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.