Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

Your Style of Play?

FrozenVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By FrozenVX

How do you play Oblivion? Are you a Mage? A Stealthy Character? A warrior? A mix? Describe your character.
    Is he/she an evil character? A good character?

Corsaer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Corsaer

I'm usually a caster/fighter.
    Touch destruction magic, heavy armor, and the blade skill.

Now though, my character can cast a touch shock damage spell for 100pts of damage for 11 seconds... so really I just kind of walk up and blast things away.

BlackCurtain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BlackCurtain

I usually mix it up. I try to get all my skills as high as possible, that's just the way I am. Some skills are more annoying to raise then others though. Also, I usually prefer sword fighting to destruction magic, but I use both.

As for the good and evil question, I've never found myself to be able to play as an "evil" character in these sort of games. I just don't have the conscience or something I guess. I't dosen't really matter that much in this game either though.

DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By DaveF

I'm kinda a Battle Mage, although I didn't pick that class. I fight with a sword and heavy armour whilst using Conjuration spells to distract enemies. If I'm just walking from one place to another and I encounter bandits or monsters though, I normally just keep normal clothes/mage robes on and let conjured creatures do the hard work for me.

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By roofy

im usually a warrior but i spend most of my time doing the paintbrush glitch or spawning thousands of watermellons in the middle of the street

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By zeus_gb

A like fighter/mage mix in most RPGs and Oblivion is the same.

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By shotaro

I tend to be a mix of all 3, sneaking upto enemies and using spells from stealh positions and wading into melee when they get close - I use my bow to snipe from a distance when Accuracy is very important

Avatar image for spiredcrescent7
    SpiredCrescent7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8  Edited By SpiredCrescent7

Im a Kajitt thief who carrys tons of magical blades to make up for lack of actual magic, i use light armor and extensive acrobatics to get to where i need to go and get away after being spotted.  Also use a bow to assassinate enemies from long range

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#9  Edited By Soap

I'm full stealth, I use mostly only bows with poisioned arrows, I also never run anywhere without jumping every couple of seconds so my stats for that got pretty high, meaning I could ninja my way across rooftops most of the time dressed in the dark brotherhoods clothing while stalking my pray lol.

A Likely Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By A Likely Story
    Shotaro said:
    "I tend to be a mix of all 3, sneaking upto enemies and using spells from stealh positions and wading into melee when they get close - I use my bow to snipe from a distance when Accuracy is very important
    "
    Yep, that's basically what I do. A jack of all trades is my favorite to play as, but I also have a character for each specific class (warrior, mage, stealth).
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By demonbear

I played it through the first time as a "paladin" type of guy. Heavy armor, 2h weapons and healing spells. Good stuff.... then my xbox360 broke. And i bought a ps3 and never replayed since.... i might pick it up now that its coming on the greatest hits series.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lemegeton

a general all rounder. i focus mainly on blades, destruction spells and the bow and arrow

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheGodPoet
    FrozenVX said:
    "How do you play Oblivion? Are you a Mage? A Stealthy Character? A warrior? A mix? Describe your character.
    Is he/she an evil character? A good character?
    "

I'm a mix between Good and evil. My character is a mage, warrior, and stealthy character.

The reason I'm a mix between good and evil is because The Cowl of Nocturnal (The Gray Fox's Cowl) is very useful.

Slaughter people with the Cowl for the Dark Brotherhood and take it off for guilds like Fighters Guild.

The game is fun when you get the Umbra sword in the beginning of the game and some Ebony armor. (It slows you down though).
    Avatar image for hrolf_the_strange
    Hrolf_The_Strange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of my characters are different, I have mages, combats, assassins, and thieves, but I am more concerned on my mindset while playing the game, like i really only like the way i play the first game I play, but after that i start playing it in odd ways, ultra role playing, setting up the life before I start, and it ends up with me having a horrible unfufillment in the game, I love TES games but I just can't play them anymore...

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Homer

I'm a warrior.

I run in and hit stuff.

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jordan23

My female character is a badass lvl. 42 Battle Mage.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I play the game with the difficulty all the way down and I use my bare fists.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rowr

stealth attributes maxed.

Nothing sees me before i kill it generally.

Sleepy_Insomniac said:

"I play the game with the difficulty all the way down and I use my bare fists.
    "
    thats hilarious. :D

Rapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rapture

warrior with 100 endurance and strength, just go up to everything and smack the crap out of them

Robama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Robama

I play a warrior because left mouse button means kill.  

Alchemy is the shit though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.