Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 04, 2014

An MMORPG set in the world of Nirn, focusing on the familiar continent of Tamriel, taking place a thousand years before The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

Should I check out the Elder Scrolls Online?

Busto1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have played a whole lot of Oblivion and Skyrim in the past and I consider myself a fan of the world and lore that these games are a part of. Considering the amount of updates and fine-tuning this game has probably received by now, would players of the game recommend buying it? Does the game have interesting world building like the mainline games and is serviceable as an MMO? If I do buy it, it will be on PS4 instead of PC because that is where my friend list is much stronger, so if there is anything I need to know about the PS4 version let me know please.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MattGiersoni

I'm, a massive fan of TES. I played ESO 100% solo and basically treated it as TES 6 and I enjoyed my time. I have around 200 hours on the clock and that still wasn't enough to do everything. The world is enormous, there are a lot of places to explore and huge questlines both main and side. I think the writing and quests are on par if not better sometimes than mainline games. The main story quests were quite cool but there are plenty of side quests that were funny or intriguing. It has pretty much everything the previous games had. Tons of loot, housing, crafting, loads of books to read etc. It's perfectly soloable and also fun if you have friends. They changed it a ton since original release so don't read reviews because they are outdated. If you're not sure, wait for a sale, black friday is coming up and shortly after, is christmas. Version wise they are all the same, no content difference. ESO has an optional subscription that gives you access to all DLC (except the morrowind expansion) as long as you're subbed and you get some bonuses like 10% more exp.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

It's the best TES game by far ifyou're mainly interested in lore, world- and character building.
    Returning to Morrowind felt pretty good too!
    Also probably the best controller implementation I've ever seen in a MMORPG to date.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much what ^ these guys say.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan of the artstyle but sure check it out. It's okay now i guess it used to be bad IMO.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As somebody who has LOVED the elder scrolls games in the past I couldn't get past the first hour or two.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.