Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 04, 2014

An MMORPG set in the world of Nirn, focusing on the familiar continent of Tamriel, taking place a thousand years before The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

The NON Beta Screenshot Thread

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Karkarov

Since the other thread was specifically for screenshots from beta, and boy did it show, I felt it would be good if we started a thread for screenshots of the actual finished product. Preferably with graphical settings and stuff actually turned on this time. This way people can get the best possible idea of what the game "can" look like. Also if anyone is curious there is a fix for the faces inside doors thing they kept getting hit by in the quick look.... it is called don't play in first person :P.

Anyway let's start off with a nice pic of some Ayleid Ruins. Also protip, screenshots are best when you go into your options and bind a hide UI key and take them first person. Yes the hide ui function is unbound by default.

No Caption Provided

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Syndrom
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

grimmie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By grimmie92
    No Caption Provided

this has been stitched together from 4 screenshots to get a wider viewfield, a real pleasant little temple in Grahtwood

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Around the web people are criticizing the shit out of this game's graphics. In my eyes, the art direction, level design and architecture, beautiful landscaping and attention to creative detail make up for the low-res textures that MMO's suffer from(Hopefully The Division will take the graphical capabilities of MMOs to a whole new level).

grimmie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sacui: with the fact that the division appears to be heavily instanced i dont know that it counts as an MMO, its more like a 3rd person multiplayer shooter but the lobby is inside the game, in saying that i does look beautiful and im definitely gonna be picking it up.

as for low res textures, i think this game looks just fine, certainly cleaner than vanilla skyrim

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimmie92: Well bro to be honest I haven't played the game yet. When I see pictures, I can see why people criticize the little things, but I do not see the point in it. It really is a beautiful game from what I've seen and the developers should be proud of what they've delivered

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sacui said:

@grimmie92: Well bro to be honest I haven't played the game yet. When I see pictures, I can see why people criticize the little things, but I do not see the point in it. It really is a beautiful game from what I've seen and the developers should be proud of what they've delivered

I am with you. I also haven't played it, but I thought it looked really great in the quick look.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By benspyda

Despite the meh attitude Jeff and Brad had towards it, it actually looked pretty good in the QL. Considering all the bad press, I was expecting a trainwreck not a slightly buggy MMO that actually looks pretty true to the elder scrolls mythology.

grimmie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By grimmie92
    No Caption Provided

Another area of Grahtwood most visually impressive zone ive seen so far, looking forward to seeing more like it.

Also a new trailer was just released for launch

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Karkarov

Here is a couple more pics for viewing pleasure.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

grimmie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: cheesemongers hollow sure is an interesting looking area :)

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@karkarov: cheesemongers hollow sure is an interesting looking area :)

Yea I was really excited to go in that area wish it was larger but it looks fantastic.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Karkarov

Time for more screenshot spam even if I am the only one doing it :P! For the record my pics are all just 1080p, all I do is hide the ui and take them from first person. No editing is actually done to the pics, so no they don't look "great" but you can see the game can look much better than people give it credit for. The left pic is taken in Bal Foyen, the one on the right is from Stonefalls. Both are Ebonheart Pact zones.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By JoelTGM

here ill chip in. really enjoying the game. going from the visuals in WoW to this is quite a change. it often feels like im in one of those linear shooter or adventure games like god of war where you see amazing scenery in the distance but you can't explore it, and then i remember it's an MMO where i totally can explore it.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

erikmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

A few of many screenshots from my adventures.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.