Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

A broken console command in Skyrim-help appreciated

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By AgentJ

I've put over 160 hours into my Steam copy of Skyrim, and I've really enjoyed the mods through the Steam Workshop. But I don't know if it was because of those or something else I did, but when I try to use the "help" console command, I get nothing relevant back. It simply says this:

" filters: 0-all functions 1 2-settings 3-global 4-other forms"

this happens almost regardless of what I enter. "help iron 0", "help iron 4", "help iron". I don't know how long it has been like this. The only thing that gets a different response is a search for anything shorter than two letters, and when I do, it's jibberish.

entering "help ir" returns "the entrance to Sky Haven Temple"?

entering "help sp" returns "DIAL: MQArngeirNoSpeakTopic (0007ara8) '...' "

Crazy, right? Is there a way to fix this, or should I just uninstall my mods until it works again?

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ulain

@AgentJ: That is pretty much what help is for; a directory to find everything else. "help XX YYY" will still only read the string "help" without any more context, because XX and YYY are not proper string attachments.

Help is not broken, you're just not using it correctly :P

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Commands_(Skyrim)

Without knowing what you're specifically looking to do, hopefully the link still helps.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim

Searching through both of these can probably give you the proper commands and names of files.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.