Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Anybody else S-Rank Skyrim?

deadmoscow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By deadmoscow

...because I just did.

At this point, I'm ready to move on to a new character. I've had all the time in the world to play, because I'm only just now climbing out of the unemployment hole. 120 hours is a long, looooong time to put into one game, especially in the space of 16 days. But then again...I had nothing else to do. Seriously!

For anyone who has reached the ludicrous levels of play that I have, what are some elements of this game that are still awesome after so long? In the last ten hours or so of play, I turned all of the audio off except for the music, and put on a pair of good headphones. Suddenly, exploration became ten times as awesome. Additionally, I specialized in stealth pretty early on and used backstabbing to kill most of my enemies. The throat slitting animations have been pretty satisfying the entire way through, as well as the other cinematic kill-cams. I just wish they would have made some for archery kills.

I start working 60 hours a week starting Monday, so I won't have much time to play anymore, but my next character is going to be a Khajiit specializing in unarmed combat and heavy armor. I'm going to name him Mittens. I think it speaks volumes for the quality and depth of this game that I'm so excited about a new character after 120 hours of playing the first one.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Addfwyn

I'll probably be rebuying it on PS3 when it comes out on consoles here, and I'll work on my new character/platinum then.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By yoshimitz707

I'm on my way to an S-rank. Just need to get 100k gold, pick 50 pockets, read 15 more skill books, find like 2 more shouts, and hit level 50!

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mordukai

@Addfwyn said:

I'll probably be rebuying it on PS3 when it comes out on consoles here, and I'll work on my new character/platinum then.

You might want to hold off on the PS3 version. So far 6 people in my friends list have had that Save File bug and now they can't play the game until Bethesda fixes it if ever.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake

@Mordukai said:

@Addfwyn said:

You might want to hold off on the PS3 version. So far 6 people in my friends list have had that Save File bug and now they can't play the game until Bethesda fixes it if ever.

According to Bethesda they should be able to fix the PS3 save bug in the next patch. The patch should be out sometime this week if they do their jobs right.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Addfwyn

@eroticfishcake: That'd be fine, the game isn't even officially out here til the 8th anyway

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

@Addfwyn said:

@eroticfishcake: That'd be fine, the game isn't even officially out here til the 8th anyway

I checked your bio to see where you were living. I don't know where I got this but I'd love it if Bethesda replaced all the dragons with Godzilla instead.

All NPCs will be replaced by middle-aged, balding salary men.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Addfwyn

@eroticfishcake: I'd support this as well. Though the female NPCs would all have to be school girls as well, for that authentic japanese flavor

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By mordukai

@eroticfishcake said:

@Mordukai said:

@Addfwyn said:

According to Bethesda they should be able to fix the PS3 save bug in the next patch. The patch should be out sometime this week if they do their jobs right.

If they have dome their jobs right then that bug wouldn't have had to be fix on the next patch. They had the same kind of bug on Fallout 3 and Fallout NV so it's not some sort of new bug. Bethesda just suck at making games on the PS3.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By eroticfishcake

@Mordukai: As much as I enjoy their products and I won't deny that. My PS3 copy of Fallout 3 still has audio issues for example. Could be worse though, could be Obsidian (they have much better writing though).

deadmoscow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deadmoscow

It's stuff like this that keeps me from switching over to PS3 for good. It makes sense though - you can't blame developers for putting slightly less effort into QA for a system that is going to have less game sales than its competitors. This is on top of the usual reasons for not switching (everyone I know is on the 360, achievements are like crack, etc etc)

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By thebatmobile

Yes, I did. It took 80 hours.

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Ultimadark

I've kinda S-ranked it, the Daedric quest achievement is bugged/weird though, did it in 69 hours.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Ultimadark said:

I've kinda S-ranked it, the Daedric quest achievement is bugged/weird though, did it in 69 hours.

how is it bugged? I S-ranked it, also took just over 80 hours.

This along with oblivion and the two other fallout games....so many bethesda S-ranks....

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Hizang

Looking at the trophies it seems you would get them just by playing through the quests. I've never got a Platinum trophy, despite owning 96 PS3 games, so it would be great if my first Platinum is Skyrim.

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ultimadark

@Vinny_Says said:

@Ultimadark said:

how is it bugged? I S-ranked it, also took just over 80 hours.

This along with oblivion and the two other fallout games....so many bethesda S-ranks....

I completed all the daedric quests and kept all the items except Ohgma Infinium, but still didn't get the achievement.

deadmoscow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deadmoscow

Did you use the Oghma Infinium when you got it or did you just not pick it up in the first place? You can't just complete the quests, you actually have to get the artifacts as well.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By spazmaster666

I'm about 4/5 of the way to an S-Rank on both the 360 and PC. I think my issue is that I've been splitting my time between two platforms and hence haven't committed fully to one version of the game (i.e. 150 hours played but that's 80 hours on 360 and 70 hours on PC) not to mention playing 30 hours of Saints Row in-between as well. I think I'm gonna try to S-Rank the 360 version first since I'm a little bit closer on that version than on the PC. I kinda want to get the S-Rank over with that way I can concentrate on Arkham City NG+ and Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By Sooperspy

I only have somewhere around 200 points, and I'm 30 hours in.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SSully

Hmmm I got about 50% of the achievements on steam. It actually looks like a pretty easy S-rank compared to the fallout games and oblivion. If I remember correctly you basically have to play through the game multiple times for those games to get the achievements.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By captain_clayman

i have 21 out of 50 steam achievements, so i'm getting there.  about 50 hours in and i'm avoiding story quests.  doesnt seem that hard.  maybe i'll gamefly it for xbox since my little brother loves it so much and he can get a bunch of achievements for me...

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ultimadark

@deadmoscow said:

Did you use the Oghma Infinium when you got it or did you just not pick it up in the first place? You can't just complete the quests, you actually have to get the artifacts as well.

Used it

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#24  Edited By galiant

I got mine last night. It was fun.

Now I'm not sure what to do. I know there are quests I haven't seen. I suppose I'll try and hunt those down.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RobotHamster

Yea I did a few weeks back, felt good man. And I did the exact thing you're thinking of doing, a unarmed Khajit with Heavy armor, pretty much finished that one up too it was a ton of fun.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By FreakAche

I'm actually ridiculously impressed that you were able to get the S-Rank in only 120 hours.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm, i haven't even looked at the achievements. wonder how i've done.

josher14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By josher14

just s-ranked it.. 137 hours.. level 55... yeehaw! and surprisingly it's my first s-rank...

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Seesic

I think I'm missing about ten, I keep restarting but I finally made a character I'm happy with so hopefully in a few days I will.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xymox

@josher14: I'm around those stats as well.

S-Ranked at around 135 hours, think I'm level 57 or so?

Edit: Steam has finished downloading Skyrim.

Skyrim update just happened.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AlKusanagi

S-ranked it a couple of weeks ago, although I almost boned myself out of the Daedric artifact quest by killing one of the characters before knowing they were linked to the achievement.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By benspyda

@AlKusanagi: I going for the daedra achievo now. I hope I haven't done the same...

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By spazmaster666

S-Ranked both the 360 and recently the PC version. Put around 105 hours into the 360 version, about 115 hours into the PC version. As always, the Thieve's Guild quests are the most tedious.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By natetodamax

I plan on S-Ranking it at some point. The achievements are a bit time consuming but certainly not difficult to get.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By MetalBaofu

I would if mine would stop locking up every 10 minutes or so.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AlKusanagi

@benspyda: If you haven't done it already, do the Hircine (the one that's master of the hunt) quest last. There's a way to trick him into giving you two artifacts instead of choosing one at the end, which is how I was able to overcome the loss of one of the previous ones.

TheInsider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheInsider

Platinum trophy'ed PS3 version just now, with final trophy being the Escape from jail. Most proud of this Plat because it was sheer random chance I didnt mess the Daedric artifacts up after going through the whole game without looking at the trophy list.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ssj4raditz

I'm only missing two achievements, the Daedric artifacts one and the marriage one. I know the first one I'm close to, but how get married?! I didn't even know that was possible until I saw the achievement for it.

Oh well, I don't know if I'll go for them or not...

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NegativeCero

120 points to go. Daedric quests, 3 more shouts and lvl 50.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Milkman

I got three achievements left. Reach level 50, read 50 skill books and learn 20 shouts. Right now, I'm level 42, read 45 books and have 17 or 18 shouts. It's becoming a real grind but I figure that I'm so close that I can't stop now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.