Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Dawnguard waypoint busted.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RAMBO604

Anyone else unable to start Dawnguard because the waypoint is busted? The questmarker for me is placed in the mountains to the south where you can't reach and the waypoint on the compass leads me to Riften then back out of Riften and just loops. And if I try to walk to Fort Dawnguard on the map it still says you cannot go any further.

Isolated incident or Dawnguard busted from the word go?

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Worked fine for me three hours ago. There is cave you must go through to get there, so maybe try that? I'm sure there is a video on Youtube.

Also, it is pretty busted, it has already frozen on me 3 times. Fucking open beta did jack shit.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

Another fine release by the folks at Bethesda.

I really do appreciate you console chaps double-beta testing Dawnguard before it releases for PC.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RAMBO604

Well great, but I guess that is too be expected from a Bethesda add-on at this point. I guess I'll just search that general area till I find the cave and hope it gets back on track afterwards.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By FreakAche

Works fine for me. Maybe try fast travelling somewhere. Sometimes the waypoints in the game get a little messed up and you have to fast travel to fix them. This is an issue that long predates the release of Dawnguard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

It's because you didn't put your Dong Guard on properly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.