Do we really need DLC for Skyrim?

• 85 results
Avatar image for president_barackbar
#51 Posted by President_Barackbar (3614 posts) -
@Hizang: I think they learned pretty quick with FO3 and then with New Vegas that their DLC model for Oblivion was pretty terrible.
#52 Posted by Patman99 (1650 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

I want DLC. The stuff people are talking about where the DLC would be expansion pack sized and have you return to places like Morrowind or Cyrodiil sounds awesome.

This. I would also think it would be awesome if it took place in Hammerfell. I love the whole desert wanderer feel the Redguard give me.

#53 Posted by InternetCrab (1582 posts) -

Yes. I have spend 180 hours in Skyrim, doing most fun in it. I need more! Ofcourse the eye-candy of the HD texture pack DLC has come out, i want a gameplay wise DLC, just like Oblivion.

#54 Posted by Doctorchimp (4190 posts) -

YES

#55 Posted by CrazyBagMan (1356 posts) -

I agree with TC, I don't want more options.

#56 Posted by CrazyBagMan (1356 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

No game needs DLC. That's why i never buy DLC.

And I don't need food that tastes good, that's why I get all my nutrition through IV.

#57 Posted by twigger89 (360 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@Wrighteous86: No DLC has been announced, but I think that there will be (Opinion) and I asked the question if there was do we really need it. And the type that you said is exactly the kind I don't think we need, why do we need another questline/faction where there are already so many.

If you don't want the DLC don't buy it. I don't understand what the issue is here. You lose nothing by not buying the DLC other than the DLC content itself. And if you do want that then ... by the fucking DLC!

#58 Posted by MikeGosot (3237 posts) -
@CrazyBagMan said:

@MikeGosot said:

And I don't need food that tastes good, that's why I get all my nutrition through IV.

Ok, then.
#59 Posted by NegativeCero (3156 posts) -

I did all I wanted to in the main game, so yes I would love some DLC.

#60 Posted by SSValis (1196 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

90 hours in, I haven't even started yet. I'm taking my sweet time with this masterpiece reeeeeal slow, adding a couple of mods every week, I'm loving it. Will not need DLC for it for another year.

Same here

#61 Edited by jasonefmonk (378 posts) -

I still haven't gotten the Platinum, but I'm only left with Daedric quests at the moment. I'd love an expansion that brought us forward in time a dozen years to see the different outcomes possible with the civil war and the main quest. Make your choices actually meaningful.

Edit: since everyone's posting, 180+ hours for me.

#62 Posted by BasketSnake (1788 posts) -

I'm sure you're all aware of console commands. I almost cleaned out the entire map so I hit the console and typed tmm 1,0,1 - it makes undiscovered locations on the map pop up as visible but still dark so you can't fast travel to them. 270 hours and I felt like it was the right time. I'd discovered around 95% of the map.

#63 Posted by foxmulder (1913 posts) -

I am totally up for some more lengthy quest lines and will buy the DLC no matter what. I have done quite a bit with my first character, but now I've resorted to making different characters with different classes. I probably won't to all the quests again with them, but it's cool to try out a rogue for a while or a hunter.

#64 Edited by Storms (364 posts) -

600+ hours.  I could still play for quite awhile without DLC but I'm very anxious for it. This is because I play it right. I don't think that merely speccing my character to the max with "phat l00t" as fast as I can is the ultimate goal and after that I can put the game down and resume my "sicknasty" headshot killstreak on a shooter game.

@Brackynews

: I wish DA2 wasn't buggy. Then maybe I wouldn't have had a "happily ever after" in the end-game narration with a character I broke up with who ended up hating me. 

@CrazyBagMan said:

@MikeGosot said:

Qwahaha. Come to think of it, computers never need games, that's why I don't buy games. I mean, it came with Solitaire already. 

@Patman99 said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

I want DLC. The stuff people are talking about where the DLC would be expansion pack sized and have you return to places like Morrowind or Cyrodiil sounds awesome.

This. I would also think it would be awesome if it took place in Hammerfell. I love the whole desert wanderer feel the Redguard give me.

I love that feel too, and look forward to that GAME. But they will not release a whole province as DLC, unless it's ruined, post-apoc Morrowind. Let me repeat that, they will not release a new province as DLC. They always release a whole game for that, unless it's just a small, segregated piece, like Solstheim. They will not water down an entire province in that manner. I will barbecue my dog and feed some to my wife and tell her what it is mid bite if they do that.
#65 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (931 posts) -

Actually yes.... Id like more larger quests lines then just smaller side quests

#66 Posted by 137 (487 posts) -

I honestly wouldn't mind some cool DLC for skyrim, I thoroughly enjoy the shit out of the game.

#67 Edited by Elron (31 posts) -

120 hours in. I've killed a lot of dragons... If they where real Greenpeace would be all over my ass!

I play this on my pc which is better i believe. I am not thinking for DLCs at the moment because the game is huge as it is.

#68 Posted by ashton (365 posts) -

Need it - definetly not

But if they put out quest DLC that can be really enthralling and stands alone - that is never a bad thing.

#69 Posted by stryker1121 (2140 posts) -

@Hizang: I'm not even done w/ the game and I want DLC..although i'm hoping for a big, fat disc-based expansion ala Shivering Isles. I'll be disappointed if BethSoft goes w/ smaller, Fallout-style DLC. One or two big expansions would be great, as long as they deliver something new.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
#70 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1808 posts) -

I got the S rank at over 100 hour into the game. I was pretty burned out on it, not sure I'd be able to go back into it. It would have to be pretty damn incredible as DLC.

#71 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (2232 posts) -

It was pretty exciting to see people digging in the PC version found the basic landmass of both Cyrodiil and Morrowind.

#72 Posted by darkmoney52 (68 posts) -

@matthias2437 said:

Why is this even a question. Of course we need DLC for Skyrim, any story based DLC Bethesda makes and releases will be more fun than any mods that come out. (not bashing the mod community, since I love mods, but Bethesda has far more resources to create this content)

I dunno I'm playing the Nehrim conversion right now and enjoying it a lot more than the DLC bethesda released for Oblivion (Not to insult Shivering Isles), and the upcoming Andoran mod looks very promising and professional as well.

#73 Edited by crusader8463 (14757 posts) -

Yup. Because of the awesome mod community however it means that they are really going to have to step up their game when they finally do release stuff.

According to Steam 74 hours.

#74 Posted by SexyToad (2939 posts) -

Dlc is needed. I already did all I could. It'll be fun to see a new location

#75 Posted by DillonWerner (1609 posts) -

Yes, finished everything, and most of the quests in Skyrim gave me no enjoyment whatsoever. Even the majority of the guild's quests were bland in comparison to Oblivion's or Morrowind's.

#76 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (519 posts) -
@AlexW00d said:

More missions, fuck no. An expansion a-la Shivering Isles, sure thing.

this
Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
#77 Posted by Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 (578 posts) -

Yes. I've literally done and seen everything of note in Skyrim and I want more.

#78 Posted by fox01313 (5253 posts) -

Wouldn't mind some off the wall crazy or just out of place DLC/expansion; I'm thinking of something similar to the Old World Blues expansion for New Vegas, Point Lookout in Fallout3 or the Shivering Isles in Oblivion. Give me a new looking area & at this point I wouldn't mind some side trip to a rebuilt part of some island in Morrowind, part of some desert/jungle. Hell they can pull some terrain types from the Fallout 3/Vegas expansions as long as it's not more freaking snow or other bits so often seen in Skyrim.

#79 Edited by Cloneslayer (1841 posts) -

This game is the only exception to my 'buy no DLC' rule. I think since the birth of DLC if bought it for only like 2 games (one being Oblivion). Whatever DLC they do will be sweet. Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine were both sweet.

#80 Posted by RedRoach (1401 posts) -

@RollingZeppelin: Are you playing on master difficulty? because god damn is it hard.

#81 Posted by Praedos (26 posts) -

At the beginning of the game, you might not think so or even around the middle. But when you've done just about everything possible, disregarding the petty dumbass quests (Ex finding someone's bow) there is nothing left to do but upgrade. I found there to be no replay value -or at least for me. I really hope DLC is announced soon, I don't want to lose interest again.

#82 Posted by Intro (1272 posts) -

I'd like a new area where it's sunny and no snow anywhere nearby.

#83 Posted by InternetCrab (1582 posts) -

Yes, i have done most of interest on Skyrim. A huge expansion pack with a bug fix patch, and some plug-ins would be quite pleasant.

#84 Posted by Giefcookie (657 posts) -

Expansion(s), not DLC.

#85 Posted by Veektarius (6257 posts) -

Skyrim has some great tech behind it and with proper attention to detail, the world could be expanded upon for years before it has technologically superior competition. I think they should consider having the expansion include a second starting area - that'd be great, if it offered an alternative with no boring tutorial. Due to the level-scaling in the world, this wouldn't pose a problem for people who wanted to keep their original characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.