Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Fastest way of selling items for gold.

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Starfishhunter9

Hey guys I was looking for a mod that gave merchants unlimited gold so I could save time unloading all the items I pick up on quests without going to 10 shops or waiting a month, but couldn't find anything like it. Do you guys have any tips for selling items faster?

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FunExplosions

Yep. Find a wealthy merchant, sell all your crap until they're broke, then save, then exit the entire game to desktop, then start it back up and reload your save. They will have a whole new stock of items and all their gold. Your previously sold items will be gone, though.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PillClinton

Waiting 48 hours isn't that bad.

Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Starfishhunter9

@FunExplosions said:

Yep. Find a wealthy merchant, sell all your crap until they're broke, then save, then exit the entire game to desktop, then start it back up and reload your save. They will have a whole new stock of items and all their gold. Your previously sold items will be gone, though.

Do you have any example of wealthy merchants? All the ones I find usually have 1000-1500 gold.

@PillClinton said:

Yeah but when you got 10000+ gold of items you want to sell, when your level 40+ you need to do that like 8 times.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Hizang

I just fast travel to each city, takes a while but it's worth it.

Lord_Rahl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lord_Rahl

I play on the PS3 and I'm not sure how it happened but the merchant in the first town... river something... has over 11,000 gold on him. I have 100 in speech and i've invested in him and every merchant in whiterun. Maybe thats what started the glitch. I have no idea.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Starfishhunter9 said:

@FunExplosions said:

Do you have any example of wealthy merchants? All the ones I find usually have 1000-1500 gold.

@PillClinton said:

Yeah but when you got 10000+ gold of items you want to sell, when your level 40+ you need to do that like 8 times.

That's pretty much the most amount I'll find. I think a merchant with 2 thousand-something is the most I've come across, and I've been playing awhile.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Winternet

Someday you need to stop this madness.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

Sadly I do not know of a mod that does this, but keep an eye out on the skyrim nexus site. If one ever gets made it will be on there. I get the logic of it, but vendors having a gold cap is something that has always pissed me off about these games.

DrFidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By DrFidget

You don’t need a mod, just use console commands. Hit “~” click on the merchant, and type “additem F 10000”, then hit enter. It doesn’t have to be 10000 either, just put the amount of gold you want them to have.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Sooty
    No Caption Provided
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By imsh_pl

There's a skill on the end of the speech tree which gives every merchant 1000 gold.

That or you can cheat.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By grilledcheez

The other option is to finish the thieves guild quest line (and some other stuff), not sure of the specifics since it was my brother that did it, but every merchant down there now has 4000 or so gold to spend...makes me wish I was a thief.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BasketSnake

@Grilledcheez said:

The other option is to finish the thieves guild quest line (and some other stuff), not sure of the specifics since it was my brother that did it, but every merchant down there now has 4000 or so gold to spend...makes me wish I was a thief.

With enchanting everyone is a thief. Piss easy to steal anything, pickpocket included. I have 90% pickpocket chance.

Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Starfishhunter9

@BasketSnake said:

@Grilledcheez said:

With enchanting everyone is a thief. Piss easy to steal anything, pickpocket included. I have 90% pickpocket chance.

How much gold can you steal? I maxed all my pickpocketing but I still can't pickpocket more then 2000ish gold

Lord_Rahl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lord_Rahl

On my game (PS3 version) the merchant in riverwood has over 11,000 gold. Not sure how this happened but I'll tell you what I did. I maxed out speech. Invested in his shop and everyone in whiterun's shops. When I eventually went back to the guy in riverwood he had over 11,000 gold on him and continues too every 48 hours. With everyone in whiterun invested in and raised 1000 more, I can easily make over 20,000 and fast travel to riverwood and make another 11,000 off him. I usually have over 100,000 gold worth of stuff to sell with in a skyrim day. So I use other places as well.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BasketSnake

@Starfishhunter9:

@BasketSnake said:

@Grilledcheez said:

How much gold can you steal? I maxed all my pickpocketing but I still can't pickpocket more then 2000ish gold

I don't have a single point in pickpocketing so I might not grab much gold but my chance of stealing it is so high because of the enchantments and to be honest I haven't stolen from many people. I have the perk to sell anything with any merchant and I just get rid of the misc weapons I grab along the way.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Ravenlight

@Starfishhunter9 said:

Hey guys I was looking for a mod that gave merchants unlimited gold so I could save time unloading all the items I pick up on quests without going to 10 shops or waiting a month, but couldn't find anything like it. Do you guys have any tips for selling items faster?

The mod is called "Rich Merchants." I'm not going to link it here because otherwise you won't learn how to effectively search the internet.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MideonNViscera

I need that damn +1000 gold perk. Trying to do anything in town is like a 45 minute break of loading and repetitive dialogue. Or like 10 hours if I do any crafting while I'm there.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zithe

I use this: http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=749

Get the version that causes them to restock every time you buy or sell something. Makes the vendors the way they were in Oblivion (limited amount of gold but it never goes down). The only thing you have to worry about is that if you accidentally sell something useful, they restock and no longer have your item to buy back. But you should always have an auto save when you enter their place.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#21  Edited By fox01313

If you have access to the thief guild fence, she can have up to 4k for buying things, even more if you do the other quests to get the 3 other merchants in the thief guild bar. Most of the time though as Whiterun is my only home in the game, is to just dump everything in the chest near the door, then each day take bits out as you have the following merchants (2 weapon merchants, 1 bow merchant, 1 general merchant, 1 alchemy merchant) right nearby with 500-1000 gold to sell things too. If you sell enough stuff for the speech to get the perk for selling any type of goods to merchants helps out a lot, just stop by ever day to sell off the things you have to get rid of.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.