Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

First Skyrim timelapse

chronos446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chronos446

This is the first video of my timelapse series featuring the wonderful landscapes and locations all throughout Skyrim, coupled with a relaxing tune. The clips were recorded from sunrise to sunset to show the environmental lighting and furthermore enhance the natural feel of the video.

Enb used was the wilds coupled with a fair amount of HD retextures mainly 2k HD texture, water and terrain redux, flora overhaul, lush trees and grass, enhanced night, dramatic clouds, realistic sunglare and a lot more. All setting were maxed out with Enb SSAO on but purposely turned the DOF off(since turning it on will make others things blurry which defeats the purpose of the vid) and running Skyrim on 8 ugrids. Also don't hesitate to comment on the video to suggest locations to include on my next videos.

I'll upload videos every week so don't forget to check back and subscribe.

comments, likes and favorites are highly appreciated

Thanks and enjoy the video

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Panelhopper

That is simply amazing! very well done

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By viking_funeral

Huh. What mods or scripts are you using for that?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Goddamn. Skyrim has a great sky box. I guess I never really noticed that until now.

What has always gotten me about Skyrim's ambient environmental features was that mountain-cloud tech. Probably the most convincing crag-wisping fog I've ever seen in a game.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Great video, made me play it again. I'm sure some mod will take this down as "Youtube Spam" but it's a great video that appeals to gamers and a site like Kotaku would post it on their main page so I don't see why we can't have this in the forums.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Capum15

I forgot how amazing Skyrim can look. Some things just look real. Good job on the video.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Bollard

I like the way you had a nice smooth camera pan to each shot, was cool. But what speed was this at? It almost looked like it wasn't sped up at all.

chronos446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chronos446

Thanks for the feedback :D

: 2k textures, flora overhaul, water and terrain redux, weathers of tamriel and a lot more environment retextures.

: Thanks, ow and giantbomb does that? sorry I'm not aware.

: free camera speed was set to sucsm 1

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

The song sounds like the beginning of Zelda Ocarina of Time's press start menu...like it just won't start the flute section.

Beautiful video though, might have to fire up Skyrim..

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Slurpelve

This is great, the music was a great touch!

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By DeF

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

The song sounds like the beginning of Zelda Ocarina of Time's press start menu...like it just won't start the flute section. Beautiful video though, might have to fire up Skyrim..

Quite fitting since Skyrim (and its predecessors) are kinda like stealth sequels to Zelda 1 :D

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm

Nice!

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Fucking gorgeous. Really well done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bourbon_Warrior:

"Great video, made me play it again. I'm sure some mod will take this down as "Youtube Spam" but it's a great video that appeals to gamers and a site like Kotaku would post it on their main page so I don't see why we can't have this in the forums."

thats something i dont understand of this site, everything seems to be youtube spam, even if i posted a machinima video of 300 being recreated in Skyrim, video which has been posted on several news sites, and they close it as spam!? why??? it wasnt even my video, clearly!

doesnt make any sense.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By veektarius

@SpartanHoplite: He added commentary, so it probably won't be closed.

It's the outdoor environments that make Skyrim engrossing. Not the story and not the combat. It's weird but true.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Veektarius: "He added commentary"

but so did i. its not my habbit to write long sentences, i usually try to get my point cross with few words, which i did with the 300 video, & tried to raise commentary of the possibility of a mod & more fan made stories set in Skyrim using the engine.

i was not aware there is a character count, how much am i supposed to write for it to not count as "spam". also, how can i spam other peoples videos, i clearly am not part of machinima, how would i benefit of spamming their videos? is there set of rules somewhere were i can see how exactly im supposed to open a discussion on giantbomb without getting mods breathing on my back everytime?

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By beepmachine

Great work on this. Do you play with those mods enabled or were they just for this video. I've been trying to find some good mods such as the climates of tamriel but the pitch black nights kind of ruined it for me. Lush trees and grass are must haves though.

chronos446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chronos446

Yah, Enb on and all the mods enabled. I usually get 35-58 outside and a steady 40 when I'm inside of a hold(modded and enhanced cities).

About the night problem, the mod comes with the different options which has a brighter night preset. If you have any lighting mod installed for example the realistic lighting mod then turn that off, let PR-CoT use it's own lighting.

or you can install other mods which add equipable lanterns, more lanterns and lantern posts outside the cities and major locations and more npcs able to carry torches.

chronos446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By chronos446

Uploaded the second video

Check it out

Again favorites, likes and subscriptions are highly appreciated.

also don't forget to comment on the video and throw in ideas and suggestions on what to include on my next video.

Enjoy

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TruthTellah

@chronos446: Great stuff. I'd love to see some videos done like this where you're looking down from a high angle. Perhaps climb some mountains and do timelapses looking out over the fields or cities. The sky is beautiful, but the landscapes are beautiful, as well.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Grimluck343

Amazing videos. I wish I could make my Skyrim look like that!

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great stuff man. My favorite thing to do in Skyrim is to find a nice spot and stare at the environment, so I love your videos. I wish I can run those 2k textures at max. I have Skyrim running on Ultra, but that's Bethesda ultra and they don't look as nice as that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.