Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Help from PS3 Skyrim players

feliciano182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By feliciano182

So, I love Skyrim, and as it happens with things one loves, one shares them with friends.

A particular friend of mine wants to buy Skyrim, he's excited to get the game, but he has a PS3.

Should he buy it ? Or are the issues I've heard with the version so jarring that it would be a bad idea ?

Any experience or insight into this matter would be very helpful, thank you all in advance.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By strainedeyes

They have more or less fixed the major issues that were PS3 only (save file frame-rate issues). The game is currently as buggy as any of the other versions. You're friend will be just fine.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Demyx

If he wants access to the DLC thats come out, I do not believe that any of it has been released for PS3 yet, I'm not sure it ever will. Seems like Bethesda wants the Xbox 360 to be the best way to experience Skyrim. Other than that the PS3 version is fine.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
    CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CaptainCharisma

My experience with Skyrim on the PS3 was fine. Unless he wants to get into the DLC the PS3 version should suit him fine.

theharleyquin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By theharleyquin

Honestly, I would say no. Just got it for Christmas and started a new game less than 10 mins ago. Just by hitting New Game I got a bug, wagon wasn't moving but all the characters kept talking like the scripting was normal. Had to quit out and hit New Game again. I'm almost thinking of returning it for Kingdoms of Amaulr.

On a PS3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.