Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Looking for a mod to make Skyrim harder

Taefarinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Taefarinas

Hey guys - I inadvertently "gamed" Skyrim and now it has become too easy. I'm looking for a decent difficulty mod.

I looked at TES Nexus and I see there are two: Intense Difficulty and Custom Difficulty. They seem to only double (or likewise multiply) the damage received and half (or divide) the damage dealt. Has anyone tried these out? Or have one to recommend?

Does anyone know if that's just what the difficulty slider in Oblivion did? I felt I got different, harder enemy types and more enemies. Is that accurate?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By 137

Why the hell would anyone want this game to be harder, are you guys farming your skills or some shit to where the game becomes lame and easy. God forbid I get stuck in a room with 2 nord deathlords or falmer skrullers without having to quickload my last save 5 minutes, 10 potions, and conjuration spells later.

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Talis12

yeh i dont understand it either, im level 30 with my female character and cant even defeat one of the dragon priests because it takes him 1 or 2 hits to kill me.. my male character is level 58 and only 1 hit kills low skilled enemies like skeletons.. i guess if you start off by doing nothing but build yur character as a tank the game would become easy at some point.. i rather spread out my skills/perks and keep the challenge.. no need for mods to do that

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust

Have you tried War in Skyrim IV? I've heard mixed things but it's supposed to increase the number high level monsters just roaming about. I'm not sure if that will change much for you if you're one-shoting various beasties. You could respec to destruction magic since apparently it becomes near useless in the higher levels. That would certainly make things more challenging.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By donchipotle

Wars in Skyrim on a fresh character will fuck you up.

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By INV2

If you invest any amount of time in Smithing and Enchanting you will break the game. Throw in Alchemy and you will be making stupidly powerful gear that takes away any challenge this game has to offer. It doesn't even take much grinding to do either.

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By cronus42

This is the reason that I'm more or less done with the game until a well done Fallout NV hardcore type mod comes out.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

How did you "Gamed" it. 

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wars in Skyrim and Deadly Dragons are both pretty popular mods that seems like they increase the difficulty, though I haven't tried any of them yet. The game still gives me a challenge, but I have avoided exploiting anything to "game" the system so I avoid becoming undeservedly powerful.

Taefarinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Taefarinas

@The_Laughing_Man: I knew I wanted to wear Ebony armor so I went heavy armor. I'd never played a 2 handed weapon before so I went for Greataxes. I'm a Nord so I have high frost tolerance. I loved the smithing and enchanting skills, and I'm a sucker for alchemy so I have pretty high in all three, without doing random crafting to bring them up.

Unfortunately even dragons aren't an issue, unless they just buzz me. I am really weak to those hargravens and high-level mages, but otherwise my biggest concern is my companion not dying. I've thought of not bringing someone with me, but I really like Erik the Slayer. He's afraid of the dark and of caves, and is genuinely surprised that he doesn't miss farming.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrKlorox

Remove all your perks with the console and re-spec investing in things you don't use on your character. You can generate a respec script at this website: http://chrizel.github.com/skyrim/index.html and the number of active perks should be one less than your character's level.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By ajamafalous
    @PenguinDust said:

You could respec to destruction magic since apparently it becomes near useless in the higher levels. That would certainly make things more challenging.

Completely false. I literally only had to look at anything and it would die with 2h Thunderbolts and Impact.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.