Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Might have been discussed but.. Will there be 360 Skyrim mods?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
    deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have the Xbox 360 version of Skyrim though I am interested in such mods that the PC version has... will there be a cumulative mod set as a free (or cheap) DLC for my system or have they decided against it?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Spoonman671

Nope.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai

Just ask yourself just how many times in the past did MS allow for user created mods on the 360. You'll get your answer.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

No.

Edit: I want to say that there was a way to get Unreal Tournament III mods onto the PS3 version of the game, so maybe that could happen on PS3, but I doubt even that.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @rockyhorrorgerri said:

I have the Xbox 360 version of Skyrim though I am interested in such mods that the PC version has... will there be a cumulative mod set as a free (or cheap) DLC for my system or have they decided against it?

I highly doubt they will make mods for the game. *or port them over. To much work for little to no profit) Thats the pro of having the PC version mods. It opens up an entire world for the game. I have over 300 hours in fallout 3 because of mods.  
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake

@rockyhorrorgerri: The PC mods actually work on the 360/PS3 versions. The only problem is that there's no proper distribution service for the consoles (plus there's the matter of logistics). But from what I've heard, Bethesda are looking into it so it's a possibility. I've no idea what the chances are though.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Getz

Todd Howard teased that they weren't against the idea but I wouldn't count on it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, makes sense too much work for little profit. And well I am probably incredibly ignorant for asking but.... They can program mods for the PC obviously, is there no way to do it directly on xbox... since it is connected to online (live)?

Obviously I get my answer of no, though would it be just as simple or possible in the near future to have that ability for people to create mods and distribute them thru live.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @rockyhorrorgerri said:

Okay, makes sense too much work for little profit. And well I am probably incredibly ignorant for asking but.... They can program mods for the PC obviously, is there no way to do it directly on xbox... since it is connected to online (live)?

Obviously I get my answer of no, though would it be just as simple or possible in the near future to have that ability for people to create mods and distribute them thru live.

MS IS REALLY REALLY REALLY anal about what they allow on their network. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotcha.

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Z3RO180

@rockyhorrorgerri: todd howard said that they might in the futre bring the offical creation kit they relesed last mounth on steam to the consels i know this is a big maybe but there is always hope.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrKlorox
    @eroticfishcake said:

@rockyhorrorgerri: The PC mods actually work on the 360/PS3 versions. The only problem is that there's no proper distribution service for the consoles (plus there's the matter of logistics). But from what I've heard, Bethesda are looking into it so it's a possibility. I've no idea what the chances are though.

Sure it could be pulled off in theory. But MS would never allow it unless it worked like paid DLC and they got a cut, as well as a ton of bug testing/QA. They're not gonna risk taking flak for some user made stuff crashing or screwing up someone's system; the RROD debacle soured their userbase enough already. And paying a QA team to find bugs in user created content is already an insane concept that they'd never seriously consider.

The first step to anything like this would need to be something similar to Valve's hats system for TF2, but even more constrained and monopolized.

@rockyhorrorgerri: The closest thing to playing mods in your Skyrim without modding your console would be to buy it on PC and transfer your 360 save to it.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By mordukai

@rockyhorrorgerri said:

Not unless MS can exploit it. The idea of user created modding is that it's free and there's no way in hell MS would allow any kind of game mod without charging for it.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By eroticfishcake

@MrKlorox: Yeah I already got that feeling considering their past record. It'll be pretty nifty they had something like Steam Workshop (which seems to be doing very well so far) but of course it's highly unrealistic given the complexity of installing mods let alone sticking them in a console. I'd like to see such a system one day though considering how everything is going digital. Who knows.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well thanks everyone just curious as to what I can do for the Xbox version. Though , I take it you can transfer saved data from xbox to pc, but not pc mods onto the xbox?

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Agent47

@rockyhorrorgerri:Todd Howard said that it was something they wanted to do not 100% possibilty but still possible.They said if they did it would be similar to Halo:Reach's system of downloading maps and stuff through the game itself.I highly doubt it's a problem with Microsoft and distribution most likely just they are busy with patches,DLC,Fallout 4 etc.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrKlorox
    @rockyhorrorgerri said:

Well thanks everyone just curious as to what I can do for the Xbox version. Though @MrKlorox , I take it you can transfer saved data from xbox to pc, but not pc mods onto the xbox?

It's not a direct transfer, but there are tools that let you get your save off a USB stick, and the save works on PC. Putting stuff onto the xbox is a whole different ordeal that requires a modified 360 and familiarity with how mods work with the game before even trying. But as @eroticfishcake said, the regular mods should work (I assume ones that modify assets such as textures and models and sounds etc, rather than the ones that require plugins such as Skyrim Script Extender) in theory.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah makes sense. Thanks.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By mosdl

Certification would be impossible, and mods can cause trouble, and sony/ms don't want to deal with that headache.

Since Sony has already allowed Steam in Portal 2, they would be the most likely to do it, but I highly doubt it.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By intro

Doubtful as hell lol.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By VoshiNova

This thread was resolved with little to no trouble.

AWESOME customer service. Go Duders.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.