Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

No more DLC

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fetchfox

Bethesda has announced that there will be no more official DLC. So Dragonborn is the last, and now the game is all up to modders.

I'm glad no future DLC will mess up my mods, but I'll miss the polish and new assets in content from Bethesda. So are you ok with this development, couldn't care less or does it GRIND YOUR GEARS?!

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just means there will be a GOTY edition coming soon.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't even finished the original game or the vampire DLC..... Kind of got bored with Skyrim toward the end, felt no motivation to finish out the quest line.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

This means we are one step closer to the next Fallout game right?

hhhhnnnnn so excite!!!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I think it's telling that while I consumed almost all of the content that Oblivion had to offer (I didn't finish Knights of the Nine, but whatevs) I haven't touched Skyrim seriously since January of last year. I bought Dawnguard, and Dragonborn looks crazy, so I'll probably get around to those eventually. Either way, I'm super excited for whatever Bethesda makes next, which is to say Fallout 4.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By MEATBALL

I'm pretty disappointed, I was hoping we'd get one more piece of DLC like Dragonborn to send Skyrim off. I think a contributing factor is that I have zero interest in Hearthfire. On the bright side, after 180 hours there are still a whole bunch of major questlines I haven't completed, so it's not like I won't have anything to do in the game when I go back to it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

I don't even have the first one yet.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fetchfox

@vinny_says Funny thing, that might be it. They released another message saying that they are now concentrating on the next big project. There was also a teaser playing a classic music piece (which was used in Fallout 3), but several seem to think it is not a Fallout tease. Time will tell (please be Fallout…).

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetchfox: Pete Hines said it wasn't Fallout.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By inkerman

Didn't the guy who voices Mad Dog tease it (Fallout 4) a while ago?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I'm incredibly disappointed with the quality of the DLC for Skyrim. I remember when the game came out and they were promising that all the DLC would be expansion pack like, and then they released DongGuard which was tiny and didn't even add new landmass (not to mention I don't like vampires or werewolves). Hearthfire was like a cheap mod and then Dragon born was the only one that even got close to what they were describing, and yet it looked boring as hell.

So much for not just doing a Fallout and cranking out a bunch of average DLC.

All I wanted was one Shivering Isles. That is the best piece of DLC every, and the way they were talking before the game was out was as if we might even get two of them.

ThomasG666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back to the sea of mods then!

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inkerman said:

He did, but the tease could be for something unrelated to Bethesda Games Studio, since Bethesda is also publishing a bunch of games.

@fetchfox: Khajiit master race ! (here's mine)

No Caption Provided

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By inkerman

@inkerman said:

He did, but the tease could be for something unrelated to Bethesda Games Studio, since Bethesda is also publishing a bunch of games.

I thought he specifically teased Mad Dog, (it was something like "Fans of Mad Dog won't have long to wait!"), who is a Fallout character.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inkerman said:

@slashdance said:
    @inkerman said:

I thought he specifically teased Mad Dog, (it was something like "Fans of Mad Dog won't have long to wait!"), who is a Fallout character.

His tweet was probably teasing a new Fallout thing but the latest tease from Bethesda's twitter isn't Fallout related so we're still in the dark.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

The game is/was crazy rich with content as it was, and I very rarely feel the DLC to be worth it, so I'm fine that development has ended and the full crew is back to focusing on a new title.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This news kinda grinds my gears. I've got a couple hundred hours invested in my character and we've done everything there is to do. I was hoping with how Dawnguard led into a bigger, more expansive add-on with Dragonborn that we'd be getting a third add-on that could rival the Shivering Isles. Announcing with no fan-fare that nope, that was it, it's over, it kinda sucks. It means Skyrim is really over and there's never going to be a reason to go back.

So yeah, kinda bugs me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.