Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Patch 1.4!

• 60 results
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Patch 1.4 which should be done around next week will have a CRAP TON of bug fixes. Hopefully  

Looks like the bug with placing books is fixed. Maybe if they can fix that little issue if I set down an item and it sends everything else shooting to the far reaches of the earth.  

A lot of quest fixes (A lot I saw on the Beth forums. Looks like the devs are listening) 
    Source

BUG FIXES

* General optimizations for memory and performance

* Memory optimizations related to scripting

* Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI

* Fixed crash in Haemar's Shame if player had already completed "A Daedra's Best Friend"

* Fixed rare crash with loading saved games

* Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line

* Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian

* Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly

* Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save

* Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player's home

* Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player's house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any furnishing.

* Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly

* Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells

* Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly

* Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail

* Fixed memory crash with container menu

* Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves

* Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor's Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions

* Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally not fail

* Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks

QUEST FIXES

* The Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing "Diplomatic Immunity"

* In "Breaching Security", the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble

* Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if "Season Unending" was an active quest

* Fixed issue where starting "Season Unending" after finishing "Joining the Stormcloaks" would prevent "The Jagged Crown" from starting properly.

* Fixed issue progressing through "Message to Whiterun" while "Season Unending" was still open would block progression for both quests.

* In "Arniel's Endeavor", fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times

* In "Forbidden Legend", the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it

* Fixed rare issue in "Forbidden Legend" where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpose unaccessible

* In "The White Phial", the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it

* "The White Phial" will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory

* Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing "A Night to Remember"

* Fixed issue where leaving Riften during "A Chance Arrangement" would prevent quest from progressing

* In "Darkness Returns", a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest

* In "Under New Management", if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly

* "Onmund's Request" will now start properly if player has already found Enthir's staff before receiving this quest

* Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor

* "Repairing the Phial" will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory

* Finding Pantea's Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating

* In "The Coming of the Dawn", fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis

* Fixed rare issue in "The Mind of Madness" where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack

* Fixed issue in "Pieces of the Past" where Mehrunes Dagon's Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it

* "Blood's Honor" will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.

* Fixed rare issue where "Dampened Spirits" would not start properly

* Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first

* Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine woud block progression for "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine"

* Fixed numerous issues with "Blood on the Ice" not triggering properly

* In "Blood on the Ice", Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm

* In "The Cure for Madness", killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress

* Fixed rare issue in "To Kill an Empire" where an NPC would fail to die properly

* Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting "Boethiah's Champion" no longer prevents quest from starting.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaggE

"Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves"

I love that we live in an age where that sentence isn't gibberish.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

Also the creation kit is FINALLY coming out.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

If anyone's been waiting to get into Skyrim because of expected Bethesda launch issues, now might be the time to jump in.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

@Ravenlight: They should probably still wait to find out what this patch breaks, just to make sure.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Make_Me_Mad said:

@Ravenlight: They should probably still wait to find out what this patch breaks, just to make sure.

Pressing the Jump button causes your character to die! 
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Karl_Boss

Does it add new bugs too like the others?

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aetheldod

For what ist going to be PC , Xbox or PS3? And what will they break this time ?.... more backwards dragons , im calling it

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

@The_Laughing_Man said:

* Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting "Boethiah's Champion" no longer prevents quest from starting.

...but what about if you can't even get to that point because right after you sacrifice someone, Boethiah just keeps saying the same thing over and over in a loop, preventing you from progressing?

Also, what about the Markarth glitch that causes you to never be able to wipe out your bounty?

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool. i got stuck in the misty grove myself (not a euphemism)

'hmm i wonder what would happen if i went back there ..' >TRAPPED FOREVER<

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Hailinel

Thanks but no thanks? I waited long enough, but as someone that bought the PS3 version at launch (because I am an idiot), I finally gave in and got rid of my copy last weekend. I have no interest in Bethesda waiting until after release to properly fix multiple major technical issues in their games.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Ben_H

Yay, now I can wear archmage robes with those dope masks and not have an invisible face!  All these fixes sound good, though I haven't encountered many of them.

poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By poisonmonkey

@Make_Me_Mad: @The_Laughing_Man: dragons flying upside down whilst singing a silly song!

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FritzDude

It will be done with testing next week and then sent to Steam for a possible release, or a beta release or something like that, same week. And for us console users we'll have to wait at least another week because of certification. Which means most likely on the 30th or the 31st. And the week after it's Amalur time so Skyrim will be shelved for a while anyways, so I may just wait to play Skyrim for a while, because they are good to release broken updates.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @poisonmonkey said:

@Make_Me_Mad: @The_Laughing_Man: dragons flying upside down whilst singing a silly song!

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Berserker976

All of that sounds great, I just wish they had said something specific about whether it will fix the PS3 version. :(

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By BonOrbitz

For us PC users, what's interesting in the their latest blog update about the patch is this:

The Creation Kit and Steam Workshop are nearly ready. We’re currently working with members of Valve and our modding community to do some final testing, and we’re on track for a public release near the end of the month. We think Skyrim modding is one of the game’s best features, and we have the best modders of any game. It’s been a lot of exciting work for us, and we can’t wait to unleash it.

Our current update plan for the PC is to first release our updates as “beta” versions through Steam. This is something you’ll be able to opt into through Steam and back-out of if needed. This is an extra safety check for everyone going forward and should expedite and improve our updating process for our PC users. We’ll have more info soon on how this will work.

Does this mean we can choose to download and apply an update?

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By WightnNerdy

Awesome that they're fixing the problems with the Bookshelves and Weapon Racks. I might finally be able to use my Windhelm House now!

vmehnert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vmehnert

I agree, I would really appreciate a fix for the Markarth guards constant aggro

mcpaul15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mcpaul15

Hopefully the PS3 version will be brought into working conditions

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AhmadMetallic

My Steam version is perfect the way it is, DON'T TOUCH IT!! 

*Disables Steam updates*

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By huntad

@Hailinel said:

Thanks but no thanks? I waited long enough, but as someone that bought the PS3 version at launch (because I am an idiot), I finally gave in and got rid of my copy last weekend. I have no interest in Bethesda waiting until after release to properly fix multiple major technical issues in their games.

Yeah, I gave into the hype and bought it as well. It really does make us seem like fools which is a shame.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By JoeyRavn

It'd be awesome if they included "Breaks: * Everything else" :O

No, seriously, I'm glad they are releasing a new patch so soon. The Ancient Shrouded Cowl glitch bothers me, but I haven't suffered any major bug, thankfully. Still better safe than sorry.

What really makes me excited is the Creation Kit being released. I can only begin to imagine what the community will do with it. I want my dual rings mod nao. (Yes, I'm aware there is one that allows you to use infinite rings at the same time, but it's very buggy... and unrealistic :P)

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mikey87144

Wowww. All those fixes makes me think that the game will break in a wholly worse way after that patch.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Dreamfall31

So I'll still have Rjorns Drum?

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NathanStack
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#27  Edited By Vinny_Says

you just tell me this...can I get that final piece of the amulet now?

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pw2566ch

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Make_Me_Mad said:

Pressing the Jump button causes your character to die!

Jokes on them. I never use the jump button.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tim_the_corsair

* Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor's Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions

Racist fucking traps

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By jorbear

Woot, they fixed Blood on the Ice or whatever. I can finally buy my house in Windhelm...

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By TheHBK

I just got a patch boner.

roughneck117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By roughneck117

Maaaannn....all I want to know is if this patch is going to fuck up the multitude of mods I have running right now, cuz I dont know that I can paly that gaem without my noodz mods.

Oy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By Oy

I can't complete "Repairing the Phial" because I ate the Briar heart (which I had before I got the quest). I wonder if they will fix that.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Oy said:

I can't complete "Repairing the Phial" because I ate the Briar heart (which I had before I got the quest). I wonder if they will fix that.

You know you can get more of those right? 
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By Claude
    @Hailinel said:

Can I quote you on this?
    Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Crixaliz

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@poisonmonkey said:

I love how video has that glitch were Alduin will just stare at you after breaking the castle wall!

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
    KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Added option to have dragons fly backwards or forwards.

Its kinda weird that there are issues specific to non-English versions of the game.

TBird13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TBird13

@Berserker976: From what I understand, it is more a problem with the PS3's internal architecture regarding memory allocation than anything Bethesda did that causes all the problems. So I don't think it's really a completely fixable problem, but I agree, they should definitely try to lessen the problem any way they can. Fallout 3 had the growing save file issue too, but I don't think it was quite this messed up.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By Brendan

@Claude said:

@Hailinel said:

Can I quote you on this?

I imagined you with a reporter hat and a quill when I read this. You were looking expectantly at Hailinel, who was his avatar.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#40  Edited By Claude
    @Brendan said:

@Claude said:

@Hailinel said:

Can I quote you on this?

I imagined you with a reporter hat and a quill when I read this. You were looking expectantly at Hailinel, who was his avatar.

Claude Free Press. Fair but never balanced news at your service.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#41  Edited By Hailinel

@Claude said:

@Hailinel said:

Can I quote you on this?

Absolutely.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By Hizang

Although this is great, I wish it would have happend sooner. Because frankly I moved on now and don't really see myself going back.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Solh0und

I can finally come back to Skyrim after my long ass "Vacation"

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@vmehnert said:

I agree, I would really appreciate a fix for the Markarth guards constant aggro

No one escapes Cidnha Mine, or this conversation.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Grimluck343

@Hizang said:

Although this is great, I wish it would have happend sooner. Because frankly I moved on now and don't really see myself going back.

You don't move on until Elder Scrolls VI.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By zero_

@ShaggE said:

"Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves"

I love that we live in an age where that sentence isn't gibberish.

What the hell's an infinite bookshelf loop!?

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Berserker976

@TBird13: Yeah, I remember reading about that, but I'm still holding out hope for some technical wizardry on Bethesda's part. I played both Fallouts on PS3, and I played Morrowind on Xbox, so I'm pretty familiar with this issue.

Despite the issue being in every version of their games I played they're still some of my favorite games ever.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By penguindust

I swear I saw the Creation Kit up on the Nexus this morning. It had a EULA and everything, but when I went back to look just now, I can't find it.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AcidBrandon18

It's going to fix the Under new management glitch so I'm a very happy man. :)

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FritzDude

@The_Laughing_Man:

More information from Bethesda:

• Also getting plenty of questions asking about the "Markarth Guard glitch" -- wanted to let you know that gets resolved with this one... "

For those wondering about stuff that isn't listed in our current changelog, here's a couple things to note...

1. It's the current changelog. It's possible that some stuff will get added or removed by the time of the final patch. Whatever changes are made (if any) will be noted in the final release notes.
    2. I'm going through comments here and on the blog to see your feedback on what's getting fixed vs. what's not getting fixed. I'll be sharing that information with the team.
    3. We are planning for more updates.

Source http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1335196-patch-14-discussion-includes-changelog/page__st__180

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.