Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Pre Purchase Now! Wait, not really!

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By matoya

So...what is up with this? 

Is there some reason I don't know about as to why my country/region or whatever can't pre purchase/see the price in advance? Not that I'd buy it for a fucking hat, but it'd be nice to know...

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By emergency

I'm from the UK and it's the same for me.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By matoya
    @emergency said:

I'm from the UK and it's the same for me.

I don't know if it's the UK, or Europe, but it's pretty messed up
    emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By emergency

Pretty sure it must be just something they'll fix in a few hours.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ToxicFruit

Im in Iceland, it is fine here

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@emergency said:

The page has been there since Friday when they started these Bethesda deals.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By emergency

@WinterSnowblind said:

@emergency said:

The page has been there since Friday when they started these Bethesda deals.

and it's not been available to pre-purchase in the UK? :O

WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@emergency: Can't say I pay too much attention to new releases on Steam, they aren't good for new games and have painfully bad customer support.

I've got the game pre-ordered for £20 for a physical copy that will include the cloth map.. A Team Fortress hat doesn't really compare.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Gav47

GAME has the exclusive preorder period in the UK, you'll have to get someone from the US or Europe to gift it to you if you want that sweet hat.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Vorbis

GAME is usually the reason we can never pre-order anything on Steam. WH40k Space Marine still isn't on there for us.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By ajamafalous

@WinterSnowblind said:

@emergency: Can't say I pay too much attention to new releases on Steam, they aren't good for new games and have painfully bad customer support.

All of my dealings with Steam customer support have been fantastic; it's one of the reasons I feel so comfortable investing so much money in my account.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Enigma777
    @ajamafalous

@WinterSnowblind said:

All of my dealings with Steam customer support have been fantastic; it's one of the reasons I feel so comfortable investing so much money in my account.

They've been pretty terrible IMO. Took em 5 days to get back to me and their response to my problem was basically "Deal with it."
    babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By babblinmule
    @ajamafalous said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

It seems a very polarising topic. For example, a couple of my mates think that theyre amazing, whilst I think that my 14 year old, blind and half deaf dog could do a better job than some of their support staff.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ajamafalous

@Enigma777 said:

@ajamafalous

@WinterSnowblind said:

They've been pretty terrible IMO. Took em 5 days to get back to me and their response to my problem was basically "Deal with it."

What was your situation, if you don't mind me asking?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ajamafalous

@babblinmule said:

@ajamafalous said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

It seems a very polarising topic. For example, a couple of my mates think that theyre amazing, whilst I think that my 14 year old, blind and half deaf dog could do a better job than some of their support staff.

Seems to be the case with any customer support or product ever. Everybody hates AT&T but I've been a customer of theirs for over 10 years on my phone, and have had my internet/cable package through them for most of that time too. The only time I didn't have them was when the people I lived with at the time made the decision that it would be totally rad to switch to Comcast, but the service (both on-site and over the phone) was so atrocious that we demanded a full refund and went with AT&T again. Never had any of the problems people always cite.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By RsistncE

I can see a price and purchase it...not that I'd want to, since Bethesda makes shit games.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic
    @RsistncE:  
    Was that last part really necessary? 

@ajamafalous:  
    I've had nothing but great interaction with Steam support too. I think, as with anything, it just depends on the kind of person you get to help.
    Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gargantuan

I've already pre-purchased it on Steam and I'm from Sweden.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RsistncE
    @CrossTheAtlantic: Completely.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pinworm45
    @babblinmule said:
    @ajamafalous said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

I have had nothing but good experiences. What problems have you had out of curiosity?
    emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By emergency

@WinterSnowblind said:

I've got the game pre-ordered for £20 for a physical copy that will include the cloth map.. A Team Fortress hat doesn't really compare.

Where did you get that pre-order deal then? :o

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SlashDance

Why pre-order a game from steam so long before its release ? Are you afraid they're gonna run out of digital copies or something ?

Avatar image for sexualbubblegumx
    SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SexualBubblegumX

I don't see why people are mad about the Pre-order bnous. You get the game day one no hassles with a pre-order, that's bonus enough honestly.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By babblinmule
    @Pinworm45:  Its a long story and I'm too tired to really go into it, but I think that I was just unlucky in that both times I've needed them, they've sent me back very standardised, automated looking messages. The messages also didn't solve my problems whatsoever haha.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By Enigma777
    @ajamafalous I had a problem with a certain game messing up stuff on my account and wanted it removed. They said they couldn't but I say that's bullshit because I found plenty of google results saying otherwise. My only choices were to either make a new account and lose all my games or deal with this everytime I have to sign in to Steam (which is quite often). Either way the tone of their email and the general slowness of their response was very off-putting.
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@emergency said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

Where did you get that pre-order deal then? :o

Bee.com it was part of an E3 promotion where you could get 20% off all the big games shown there, so I managed to get Deus Ex, ME3 and Arkham City for really cheap too.

Still just £26 for Skyrim though, that's still likely a lot cheaper than what it'll be for the Steam digital version.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By Matfei90
    @RsistncE said:
    I can see a price and purchase it...not that I'd want to, since Bethesda makes shit games.
    I'm automatically inclined to disregard that based on your picture.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RsistncE
    @Matfei90 said:
    @RsistncE said:
    I'm automatically inclined to disregard that based on your picture.
    And I'm automatically inclined to disregard what you said based on your ridiculous assumption that having a certain game's avatar automatically makes you a fan of said game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.