Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Question about smithing for a pure mage.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lusence

Well im basically a pure destro mage. im lvl 20 right now with a 75 destro lvl. Do you think i should work on smithing? I already have 2 points in it but wondering if it is worth it for a mage, as mages magic doesnt scale well i hear, and im usually weaaring robe and mask for the x2 100 mana regain... But would like to get a nice dragon armor set...

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

Just put points into the Light Armor side of the tree. My armor rating for the Light Dragonscale Armor is a little over 1000 after I upgraded it. You can also enchant your armor with Magicka Regen.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rattle618

I would focus on enchanting, and if you ever need to lvl up smithing you can do it very quickly. I got it from 20 to 100 in an hour or so.

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By BlackHeronBlue

@Axxol: how do you do that, I have heavy dragonscale armor and my rating is just around 400...

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By BraveToaster

@TatsurouXIII said:

@Axxol: how do you do that, I have heavy dragonscale armor and my rating is just around 400...

Upgrading armor and filling up the Light Armor perk tree.

Damolition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Damolition

Smithing can be fun and profitable, especialy if you come across the transmute spell. I play mage and I recommend it whole heartidly.

Neferon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Neferon

Smithing is excellent for all classes. Enchanting will be a requirement though if you want to end up with relatively strong character. Just get some fortify destruction enchantments going and before you know it all your spells will be free :)

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lusence

cant belive i already put 70 hrs into this game... im thinking needs to focus on the main quest line now. my next guy is going to be styled after king arthur , from monty python. ninininininininininininni! reminds me so much of that movie especially how they ride that slow ass horse... but i do love this mage alot, so much fun, but i think for the side quests im going to stay with a melee (king arthur lol) guy. im rambling.

neways thx for the tips! i was worried i messed up by starting on the smithing tree.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By BonOrbitz

@lusence said:

cant belive i already put 70 hrs into this game... im thinking needs to focus on the main quest line now. my next guy is going to be styled after king arthur , from monty python. ninininininininininininni! reminds me so much of that movie especially how they ride that slow ass horse... but i do love this mage alot, so much fun, but i think for the side quests im going to stay with a melee (king arthur lol) guy. im rambling.

neways thx for the tips! i was worried i messed up by starting on the smithing tree.

Heh. That made me laugh. I love me some Holy Grail.

Anyway, regarding the "slow ass horse" I was pleasantly surprised to discover that if I hold down the alt key (playing PC) the horse sprints for as long as its stamina holds up. I'm a mage so I make sure to cast Courage on it to up it's stamina so I can go a faster a little farther.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.