Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

So I'm starting Arena for the first time...Tips?

JayPB08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 4

I'll admit, I've never played an Elder Scrolls game before (missed out on Skyrim and Oblivion when they were originally released), so I've challenged myself to play through the series from the beginning...no matter how hard the ones before Morrowind may be. I've already made it out of the first dungeon, but I still kind of fear I'll be screwed later in the game if I don't do certain things. For anyone who has played Arena, do you have any tips? I'm already abusing the save system, but just entering this first town is already daunting. Is there anything that I should be aware of to make my life easier in this game? Is Daggerfall even harder? I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm just worried that I'll hit moments with massive difficulty spikes.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Corevi

Arena is pretty easy as far as early 90s CRPGs go. It's relatively clear what you should be doing and it's pretty hard to catastrophically fuck up.

Daggerfall is a bit harder due to it's general vagueness and much larger scale but it's not difficult.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
    deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What I did in order to have the most fun with this game was to make sure that you take a lot of notes, notes on the map. Notes on what you are supposed to be doing. Just notes on everything it will keep you on path (:

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:

Arena is pretty easy as far as early 90s CRPGs go. It's relatively clear what you should be doing and it's pretty hard to catastrophically fuck up.

Daggerfall is a bit harder due to it's general vagueness and much larger scale but it's not difficult.

Daggerfall is actually easy to fuck up because of bugs and random crap. You can go on a mission in the game to enter a dungeon and kill mob X, and mob X could be placed in a room where no actual entrance exists. Or in a room where to get to it you have to fall down a hole with no exit. This kind of crap happens all he time in that game in fact.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

Daggerfall is actually easy to fuck up because of bugs and random crap. You can go on a mission in the game to enter a dungeon and kill mob X, and mob X could be placed in a room where no actual entrance exists. Or in a room where to get to it you have to fall down a hole with no exit. This kind of crap happens all he time in that game in fact.

Always be saving. Before you enter a room, save. After you enter the room but before you do anything, save. Any time you kill anything, save. Any time you talk to anybody, save before and after.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:

Always be saving. Before you enter a room, save. After you enter the room but before you do anything, save. Any time you kill anything, save. Any time you talk to anybody, save before and after.

You don't have to tell me, I played the damn game. I just wanted to point out that "challenge" wise Daggerfall might not be that bad but it is the buggiest of all Elder Scrolls games unless you count Battlespire.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.