Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Definitive Edition (Possible leak with release date of Nov 23rd)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

It would appear that the E3 leak train continues as a UK retailer (base.com) seems to have opened up pre-orders for a game titled The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - The Definitive Edition for the PS4 / Xbox ONE with a release date of November 23rd (pre-order link).

Then again I do remember at one point being able to pre-order Bioshock Vita so take this with a grain of salt.

No Caption Provided

I'm not really interested in a PS4 / Xbox ONE remaster of Skyrim though I do recall hearing some rumours of the game at some point recently.

Thoughts?

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

40 bones seems like wayyyyy tooooo muuuuch considering it's often on sale for like 10 on the PC. Hopefully that's a placeholder price, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that's actually it.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Technician

Good candidate for Least Necessary Remaster.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

@falconer: I agree, Valkyria Chronicles Remastered was £20 which is around about the price I'd be willing to pay for a remaster / rerelease on modern consoles.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I bought this on Steam 2 years ago for $5... I still haven't played it

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
    Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

There might be some that find value here, if they have no computer but $40 my god - unless it has new/exclusive content that's entirely too high.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, it's kind of hard to justify a $60 USD price tag, or even a $40 one. Especially when I got my girlfriend the Legendary Edition on Steam for something like $10.

Might be worth it on consoles though if there's mod support and enhanced loading times. If they can get console loading times to what they are on the PC? Even without Skyrim on an SSD, you won't get a chance to read those tool tips.

If they port the Skyrim assets and make it work under the Fallout 4 engine? They'd see a lot of PC gamers buying this for 64 bit support.

richyhahn4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah who is this for? Skyrim and all dlc has been as cheap as like $5 several times in the almost 5 years in been out...also I'm still playing skyrim alot on the 360

this will just lead to me playing two copies of skyrim, I dont need this for my health

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Played it on the 360. Have it on Steam. If there's a hook, I'll buy again for the PS4 and transfer to a NEO.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any chance this version will use the updated engine they used for Fallout 4? If Techland can do it for their Dead Island re-release, I see no reason why Bethesda can't. Of course I can see why they wouldn't, but still.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Yeesh. For twenty bucks, I'd definitely buy it again to have available on my PS4, but no more than that.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After well over 100 hours on the PS3 version I have zero interest in this.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a lot of people here underestimate the more casual console fanbase. That audience loves Skyrim, probably sold their old consoles when they got new ones, and usually don't have PCs to take advantage of sales. I'm honestly surprised that it might be 40 dollars. They could probably eaisly get away with 60.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

PC version is already definitive last I checked!

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played way too much of Skyrim on the 360 to really even bother to go back to it on another platform. Mods or not, I just can't sink a billion more hours into this.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Not surprised but also not interested. A Morrowind remaster though...

Loading Video...

Darkecho117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it gets updated for consoles to include mod support similar to what Fallout 4 has I think this could be a pretty decent deal for anyone looking to play this if they don't have a decent PC

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but who doesn't own Skyrim at least twice by now? I have it on Ps3 and PC.

PlasmaDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Skyrim Definitive Edition is the PC version with a few graphics mods.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

this would be a pretty good idea if it were released like...in the next month or two when not much is out. Coming out in November? eh...

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think a lot of people here underestimate the more casual console fanbase. That audience loves Skyrim, probably sold their old consoles when they got new ones, and usually don't have PCs to take advantage of sales. I'm honestly surprised that it might be 40 dollars. They could probably eaisly get away with 60.

My situation to a T, basically. No strong gaming rig, only the new consoles. Will happily return to Skyrim.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.