Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Thieves Guild and its ending for anyone whos finnished *SPOILERS*

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpacePenguin

So far I really loved the Theives Guild but the ending seemed very abrupt, The last thing I did was return the Skeleton Key. Is this the End? I thought that once I became leader of the Guild I would beable to give orders or something but Im still treated like a newcomer by everyone. Are you just supposed to continue doing jobs for Vex ect. ?

I did actualy really enjoy the Thieves Guild in this Im just quit confussed how it ended. Anyone have any thoughts on its ending or the whole questline in general?

GiveUpNed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GiveUpNed

Did you pick your spell (I chose the invisibility one)? If so, you are now a member of the secret sect and get access to the cool armor and abilities. Also, the Krosis mask is usable with a hood. Awww yeah.

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpacePenguin
    @GiveUpNed: Ye I chose a  power(also got the invisibility one) I didnt know you got new armor though where is it you can get it?
    Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Simplexity

The invisibility power is so godly, basically makes combat almost irrelevant, but as far as the thieves guild goes I think you are done, even though you can do heists and steal stuff for cash and whatnot but I don't think there is more story.

Keen_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Keen_12

@SpacePenguin: I think he's referring to the nightingale armor.

GiveUpNed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GiveUpNed

@Keen_12 said:

Yup

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpacePenguin
    @GiveUpNed said:

@Keen_12 said:

Yup

Oh ok, ye I already got that. Thanks
    Yalbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yalbit

Is it worth doing any of the jobs? I've only been doing the main guild quests. I believe someone said that doing the jobs will start to bring more merchants into the bar area.

Whitehat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Whitehat

@Keen_12: If you go back to the guild and finish up the quests they will do a ceremony to make you guild master and you will get armor that is way better than the nightingale armor.

magnum45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By magnum45

@Whitehat: Seriously? Which quests is that? Your not talking about the heist, shill, bedlam jobs etc??

Whitehat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Whitehat

The extra jobs for vex and delvin that restore the guild, those lead to 4 special quests, one for markath, windhelm, solitude and whiterun. When you complete those you are given a new special quest where they initate you as the guild master and you get the master armor. EDIT: Restore the guild not the guide, spelling fail.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By fox01313

Hasn't ended, as Whitehat puts it, once you start on the side jobs that often pay well & are silly easy (esp. numbers jobs), do enough of them for each city for the quest to take over, once they are done you get the perks & a great speech amulet for being the leader of the rebuilt guild.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Rhaknar

you arent actually the leader yet, you need to do odd jobs, 5 in each main capital until you get a new special quest for that capital. do 4 of those and THEN youre leader with fancy new armor and then the quest is "done"

i ended up mostly just doing numbers jobs and some burglaries, make sure that when you get the special quest for a capital (and do it), if you get jobs for that capital, just drop them and get another for another town, as its pointless to do them in the previous anymore

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Bollard

@Rhaknar said:

you arent actually the leader yet, you need to do odd jobs, 5 in each main capital until you get a new special quest for that capital. do 4 of those and THEN youre leader with fancy new armor and then the quest is "done"

i ended up mostly just doing numbers jobs and some burglaries, make sure that when you get the special quest for a capital (and do it), if you get jobs for that capital, just drop them and get another for another town, as its pointless to do them in the previous anymore

That's dumb as shit that you have to grind the randomly generated quests to become the leader. It's nice and all they made infinite quests, but they're shite compared to the ones written specifically for the story.

-------------

In fact, on the topic of the storyline did anyone else think the Thieve's Guild was hugely disappointing? I loved the tits off Oblivion's Guild, as you actually did fucking thievery jobs, like stealing a motherfucking Elder Scroll. In this game the second last real storyline mission involved a fucking boss battle with Mercer Frey. All of it was so combat heavy and nothing to do with stealing anything it felt so out of place. If I wanted to fight dudes I would have joined the Companions. Plus that fight was stupid hard as I play so stealth orientated and he knew where I was all the time, thus making my life significantly shorter.

The Nocturnal quests wraps up like shit too, I didn't even realise those things she gives you were actually spells, I just spent ~10 minutes looking through my inventory for items (the new moon one says "Shadowcloak" so I looked for a damn cloak) and in my active effects like most blessings. Pretty dismal to be honest, and I was looking forward to this Guild most :(

EDIT: And all this added to the fact I didn't even realise I hadn't completed the questline because it doesn't tell you to go grind the dumb random quests.

GiveUpNed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GiveUpNed

@Chavtheworld said:

EDIT: And all this added to the fact I didn't even realise I hadn't completed the questline because it doesn't tell you to go grind the dumb random quests.

Those grinding quests are actually a lot of fun. They are challenging enough and the mini-quest for each city is pretty fun.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Bollard
    @GiveUpNed

@Chavtheworld said:

Those grinding quests are actually a lot of fun. They are challenging enough and the mini-quest for each city is pretty fun.

Yeah, they were fun like a couple of times... I did each one once which was fun, but then when you have to actively pick up and then quit dozens just to get the right quests for the final mini-quest when you no longer want quests in other cities is really dumb. I must have done the first quest on each of the two lists like 20 times or something stupid in the end, not even counting the ones I quit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.