Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

What mods should I use?

ItsPozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ItsPozer

Hey everyone, so I just got Skyrim for the pc and wanted to know what are the need to have mods. This is my first elder scrolls game on the pc and just want to get the best experience I could. Thanks.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

I like the cloaks mod, available on Nexus. Better Cities is essential for a more immersive world. There are some incredible Blacksmithing mods that fix the bugs in a lot of the items and allow you to craft almost anything. So much stuff that you can't craft normally. I can't recall the names offhand. I also use the 2K texture pack, half resolution, for Nexus. and about 50 others from the workshop. Looks up top rated and go nuts.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

SkyUI. Can't play without it.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SexyToad

Mr. Minecraft.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By PerryVandell

Faster horses. Running is almost faster than them without mods. That's all I can think of off the top of my head but I'll get back to you if I think of something else.

Avatar image for indiana_jenkins
    indiana_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By indiana_jenkins

I used the Enhanced Night Skyrim High Stars + Colored Galaxies.

Last I checked, they weren't in the Steam Workshop.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sockemjetpack

Jaysus Swords mod is a must have.

SefaRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SefaRed

Sky UI for sure

Realistic Colors Realistic Nights or Climates of Tamriel to improve visuals

Xenius Character Enhancement to improve the look of your character and NPC's

Dynamic Merchants is pretty good, makes selling stuff a bit less of a pain in the arse

Reduced NPC Greeting if you get pissed off with NPC's constantly talking to you.

Static Mesh Improvement Mod makes a big difference to the visuals. It takes stuff that would normally be flat bitmaps(?) and makes them into 3D meshes.

Dynavison and The Imaginator are good. Dynavison adds dynamic depth of field and you can use Imaginator to change colours, contrast, brightness etc in real time.

Categorized Favourites Menu. Get this one! Makes a massive improvement to the favourites menu, especially paired with Better Sorting.

Warzones is fun. It adds lots of random battles between various factions all over the map. Some of the battles are huge.

So many great mods. Go to Skyrim Nexus, go to files and check out the top files. Some of the mods there are pretty much essential.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By mosdl

So what is a good ENB mod for Skyrim that doesn't kill performance too much?

ItsPozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ItsPozer

@SefaRed: thanks a lot for all the info, ill be trying them out next time i start up the game :)

bloodlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By bloodlines

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.